Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Expedia.comUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
PricelineUS$135
Vio.comUS$135
All reviews front desk bistro staff light sleeper nice amenities free breakfast would stay here again busy road appalachian state university comfortable beds convenient location king suite indoor pool parking lot short drive elevator lobby nc
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

Terrible. Room was dirty, bistro staff guy was exceptionally rude. I have never encountered such a foul and disrespectful attitude from staff- I see from other reviews I am not alone with this experience. Fire this guy, already! Rooms are outdated, elevator is laughably slow. More than anything though, this hotel is LOUD. The road noise is unreal- do NOT stay here if you enjoy sleep. Not worth the price.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jamie Huesca, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear BonnieBlue99,

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Receiving warm and friendly service from our staff sets the tone for a great stay. This was not your experience, and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with the associates, and as a teachable moment, we have discussed our service standards and reviewed improvement opportunities in the service they provide. I am confident that these necessary steps will ensure your experience with our bistro staff is an isolated incident.

I hope you choose to stay with us again, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Jamie Huesca
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard
jamie.huesca@marriott.com
828-265-7676

Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

This is a newer property it was very clean with nice amenities. The cons: thin walls -our teen could hear the neighbors having sex in the shower.
Loud air conditioning-it sounded like it was pouring rain outside but was our wall unit.
The indoor pool was weirdly low on water-it was between 3 and 5 feet deep was only filled to the 3 ft line and looked very murky.
The pros- budget friendly pricing
Nice lobby with a little bar- the service was excellent. The bar tender was very knowledgeable and made us specialty cocktails and mocktails for the kids.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2022

Very clean, attractive and extremely comfortable, we were able to get several nights of solid sleep at this hotel. It is conveniently located in Boone. Check is was easy and the staff was efficient and unobtrusive. We would definitely stay here again. We did not bother with the breakfast since it was quite expensive and Panera is closeby with better offerings.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 22 June 2022

I have to say up front that Marriott's 3 day cancellation policy is not comparable to the same day, 1 day and 2 day cancellation policies of other hotel franchises. I really would prefer not to use Marriott but this time I had little choice. Being a platinum member which comes with a variety of “privileges” I requested a change from the rep at the front desk to breakfast benefit from my original request for benefit points. “No can do,” said the girl at the desk. Then I checked my account online and seeing that the points had not been notedI made the representative aware of it and requested the substitution again . She again refused ,but gave me a non working number for Bonvoy elite services. After establishing a connection to member services with the correct phone number I was told that the front desk could and should change to my requested benefit-breakfast. What the front desk wouldn’t do for me they did do, at the request of the phone rep. I went to collect my vouchers and only 1 was handed to me. What? Platinum members are supposed to get one for the member and one for the guest if there is a guest. And certainly I was the obvious guest as I had checked in with my husband’s reservation. The guest services representative at the desk said something about how her manager didn’t like to do this and tried to confuse me about what had happened, but it was obvious that this hotel does not want to honor the Marriott benefit promise. In addition the couple working at the Bistro did not know how to process the vouchers.. I spent at least ten minutes untying that knot with them as they were both new employees. Ya know how one bad apple can spoil the whole bushel sometimes? Well this wasn’t quite that bad because bonus-I had a king suite upgrade even though I had only been able to book a two queen online. The large, well appointed room almost made up for the other issues. There was a problem with one of the electrical outlets near the bed being non-functional. Parking is free, but the road in front of the hotel can get very congested so pulling in and out requires a bit of finesse. KIng Street with its shops and restaurants is a short drive away.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed 18 March 2022

Excellent experience at this conveniently located site. I expected clean and comfortable accommodations and they delivered but I was highly impressed by the staff that went beyond just friendly and professional to a level of true "hospitality" that made me feel special. I spoke with two different front desk persons, a food service member and a cleaning person with all being friendly and helpful. I recommend highly.

Date of stay: March 2022