Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Hotels.comUS$127
TravelocityUS$127
PricelineUS$127
TripadvisorUS$127
All reviews front desk bistro staff light sleeper nice amenities free breakfast would stay here again busy road appalachian state university comfortable beds convenient location app state king suite indoor pool parking lot short drive elevator lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2022

When I wrote my last review of this hotel in 2013, it was far better than it is now. First, the employee checking us in, was professional, but not friendly or personable. She really seemed to wish she was somewhere else. The lobby area is still nice, and has been updated.

The guest rooms are decently sized, and they too have been updated. It appeared pretty clean. The bathroom was clean, with very basic amenities. Our bathroom only had one towel in it, so I had to call the front desk to get our towels stocked. The room lighting is fine. As with a lot of hotels, completely useless and inadequate air conditioning that just doesn't function. I think they put thermostats in just to make you think you can control the temperature. I like the room cool at night, and no matter what temperature I put the thermostat on, it did not make a difference. And the windows are ridiculous. A nice big window that only opens about 3 inches. It would be lovely to have nice mountain air in your room, but nope, we have to make the room unbearably comfortable as I guess we all have to pay for the fact that they are afraid of parents not doing their job and watching their kids. Ridiculous!

The beds are miserably hard.....a 1 out of 5 for me. The pillows are okay.....a 3 out of 5. I always take a second set of my own.

On our second day, before we left in the early morning for the day, we asked that the room be stocked with fresh towels. When we arrived back at the hotel at about 4:30pm, there were no towels in the room, and again, I had to call to get towels. They only offer housekeeping on the third day of your stay. I suppose they use the excuse of staffing, but I figure it's more just away for them to make more money. Anyways, in some ways it's fine. Saves me money as I no longer tip housekeeping as there's no service unless you stay more than 3 days.

Marriott does offer breakfast.....at a high cost and lacking of quality. I understand that you are going to "pay" for a free breakfast one way or another......but there prices are high for very basic quality.

Room tip: The front of the hotel faces a very busy road. Ask for a backside room - very quiet. If you get a front facing room, it will be extremely loud.

This Marriott needs some big improvements, and although I've stayed there about 5 times on trips to the mountains in the last 9 years, I will stay somewhere else in the future.

Room tip: Do not get a room on the front side of the hotel unless you like very loud street noise.
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 23 September 2022 via mobile

Great stay! The hotel was nice, clean, and welcoming. Clean towels and very comfortable bedding. Wonderful free breakfast. It’s located in a good area with numerous dining options and bars. Highly recommend. Would stay here again when in Boone.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

Terrible. Room was dirty, bistro staff guy was exceptionally rude. I have never encountered such a foul and disrespectful attitude from staff- I see from other reviews I am not alone with this experience. Fire this guy, already! Rooms are outdated, elevator is laughably slow. More than anything though, this hotel is LOUD. The road noise is unreal- do NOT stay here if you enjoy sleep. Not worth the price.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jamie Huesca, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear BonnieBlue99,

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Receiving warm and friendly service from our staff sets the tone for a great stay. This was not your experience, and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with the associates, and as a teachable moment, we have discussed our service standards and reviewed improvement opportunities in the service they provide. I am confident that these necessary steps will ensure your experience with our bistro staff is an isolated incident.

I hope you choose to stay with us again, whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Jamie Huesca
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard
jamie.huesca@marriott.com
828-265-7676

Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

This is a newer property it was very clean with nice amenities. The cons: thin walls -our teen could hear the neighbors having sex in the shower.
Loud air conditioning-it sounded like it was pouring rain outside but was our wall unit.
The indoor pool was weirdly low on water-it was between 3 and 5 feet deep was only filled to the 3 ft line and looked very murky.
The pros- budget friendly pricing
Nice lobby with a little bar- the service was excellent. The bar tender was very knowledgeable and made us specialty cocktails and mocktails for the kids.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 5 August 2022

Very clean, attractive and extremely comfortable, we were able to get several nights of solid sleep at this hotel. It is conveniently located in Boone. Check is was easy and the staff was efficient and unobtrusive. We would definitely stay here again. We did not bother with the breakfast since it was quite expensive and Panera is closeby with better offerings.

Date of stay: July 2022