“Outstanding!!”

Gamekeeper Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gamekeeper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 157 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 yards up Shulls Mill Rd from the entrance to Yonahlossee
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We were here for the "Sinister Winter" brunch - the only time in the year this restaurant serves brunch. Our meal was delicious, the wait staff attentive, and we can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Had a most tasty and superb dining experience last evening. Food and presentation
can't be beat. Service was exceptional from valet service throughout entire meal.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This is a true dining experience. From start to finish. The staff are friendly, accommodating, and fresh farm-raised meats are prepared by Chef to tender perfection. This restaurant does not allow children. Reservations must be made in advance (unless you plan to dine at the bar). This is a great date spot where you can take your time. My wife and I spent our first dining experience at Gamekeeper talking with one another over appetizers, entrees, drinks, and dessert for over three hours. When you’re with good company, don’t rush the experience!
My favorite dish is actually one of their most popular appetizers. It is a meat sampler with the best French fries (a bit more crispy and thin but not quite what I would consider chips) I’ve ever tasted. This appetizer is enough to feed two people for the meal. Other friends have also done the same thing. Our last sampler included elk, emu, bore and rabbit sausage, and a variety of sauces that are perfect companions to the meats. The menu is always changing.
Don’t go without getting dessert! I had the chocolate torte and cheesecake. Both were outrageously good. Check out the photos I’ve included to see their descriptions... they live up to your imagination’s expectations!
To end on a sweet note (as if dessert wasn’t enough), the Maitre D has the most peaceful singing voice. On our last outing to Gamekeeper, the room fell to a hush as she bent down, looked a grandmotherly lady in the eyes, smiled and sang the most beautiful, slow birthday tune (not “Happy Birthday”). The best way I can describe her voice is how a mother sings to her baby—a voice of peace that could calm the storms. This felt like a holy moment. You could just feel the honor being paid to this elderly woman as the melody was sung over her. It is something I will never forget.

1  Thank AppalachianAppetite
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I was on a mini vacation with my boyfriend so we could celebrate his birthday and promotion. This was my first time at the Gamekeeper and it was nothing but PERFECTION! First I had the mushroom bisque very creamy, with nice chunks of mushrooms, wasn't too heavy for the weather, love it. The emu which I had for my entree was just delicious, cooked to perfection, great flavor, along with a bottle of Malbec. Dessert was just icing on the cake. The strawberry shortcake with lavender biscuits and Chantilly cream was heavenly. Oh, Oh, the customer service was splendid. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

4 friends decided to get out of the heat of home..by the 2nd day of looking into places to stay..we were set..week later we're on the road..one friend does great research and found this place..fabulous food..reasonable price of food and beverages..grounds beautiful..staff fantastic..