“Great Seafood Not Near the Coast!”

Mike's Inland Seafood
Ranked #42 of 157 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Good Friday, seafood right? So we headed over to Mike's and it was worth the price of admission. Fresh hush puppies to start and salads with fresh ingredients are a good start. Grilled flounder fillet, butterfly shrimp, deep fried cod and perch with excellent French fries, baked regular and baked sweet potatoes. Way too much food but a really well cooked and tasty meal. Or waitress Kimberly was busy but attentive and kept us going with refills, napkins, fresh lemon and whatever else were needed. If you're in the area, and don't feel like driving to the Outer Banks, stop in for a nice meal.

1  Thank celainej1

Reviewed 16 February 2018

A staple of fried comfort (guilty pleasure) food on my business trips to Boone. Normally, take out at even a good restaurant is dicey. But at Mike's I got a "Small" Two item combo. Great value and BIG enough for two FULL meals! Ordered my meal with less than 45 minutes before closing - Risky, right? It was hot, fresh, and no oily aftertaste. Salad was solid, loaded with real bacon and cheese. Everything a growing boy needs, right? The portions, the taste, the breading - all top notch. Not a fancy-schamncy place. But perfect for what it should be. Plus, it's been months since I've been up to Boone and they still remembered me. This is a place that makes me want to be a local.

2  Thank NCTomC
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Mike's is still a favorite for us. We recently stopped in for a quick lunch. My friend had a steak and baked potato which were good, she said, but not as good as usual. I had their lunch combo of grilled chicken and crab cake with a baked potato. The chicken was overcooked and dry this time, not as good as usual. The crab cake, potato, slaw and pups were all good. Service was excellent as usual.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We were wanting seafood and found only two places so we decided to pick Mike's. I ordered the stuffed flounder and my husband ordered the fried catfish.I really enjoyed the stuffed flounder with homemade crab stuffing and broiled with Old Bay seasoning. The hush puppies that they bring to the table reminded us of the kind of hush puppies that we ate growing up, round and large. They were the best tasting that I had in years. The onion rings were great also. The waitress was very friendly and very attentive. I recommend this place next time for some really good seafood.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband, daughter and I have been visiting Mike's Inland Seafood restaurant through the years. It's one of those restaurants we make a point of visiting when we are in North Carolina. We were there on 10/20/17 and it was crowded at 5:30, but we were seated right away. Our blond haired waitress, who I wish I had gotten her name, was excellent. I watched her going in circles around the restaurant to ensure all her tables had what they needed. I had the butterfly shrimp with sweet potato, my husband had the rainbow trout with baked potato and my daughter had the chicken strips with french fires. Our meals were delicious and the one thing we always enjoy are their unlimited hush puppies. They are very large in size and absolutely scrumptious. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for reasonably priced meals, excellent service and a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank pjohnson7717