“Awesome experience.... spectacular course”

Bryan Park - Players and Champions Courses
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I am a bogey golfer and was visiting my brother in Greensboro. I came across this course and understood that there is a lot of history. This was on the PGA tour at one point. I played with another two some who wanted to play the blues (6900). I decided to give it a shot (wrong decision). Rather than playing to my skills, I got excited and had one of my worst rounds ever. Lots of water on many holes. Greens have lot of slopes and needs accurate putting. Overall, an experience to remember.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We were very impressed with the champions course. Everything was very well maintained. The course is NOT easy; it will challenge you on almost every hole. Expect elevation changes, water hazards, bunkers, sharp dog legs, and if you have an especially errant shot, you may well have an unplayable or lost ball due to trees, sharp drop-offs, or tall grasses. Greens are very fast. There are beautiful views of the lake. Overall, it's hard to believe this is a public course.

Staff members were helpful and welcoming. Food is not overpriced. The turn menu has a selection of sandwiches available for $4 - ham/cheddar, turkey/swiss, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. Sandwiches are freshly made each morning and ready for a speedy stop at the turn. Chicken salad is a favorite for many, but was a bit heavy with celery & onion for my taste. Turkey/swiss was my favorite.

The only negatives I can note are that the included range ball bag only includes 20 balls. That really isn't quite enough in my opinion. Also, depending on who is running the drink cart, you may not see the cart at all until midway through the back nine. On two of the three days we were there, we didn't see the cart at all until hole 13 or later, and only that one time. The third day the cart came by several times during the round. Plan for the worst beverage scenario and hope for the best.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

The Championship course winds through Bryan Park and along the shore of Lake Townsend. A picturesque masterpiece of golf course design, it is in near perfect condition with lush fairways, fluffy white sand bunkers and smooth lightning fast firm greens. There is no gimmickry here, the course is fair but quite long. I played as a single behind foursomes and spent my wait time taking in the scenery. You can play a sub four hour round as the wide open fairways mostly kept the ball in play. My senior rate was $30 during the week and this course puts most expensive private courses to shame. Maintenance was exceptional with few ball marks on the greens and bunkers well raked. A+ for the course and staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The recent renovations performed on the course, due to the fairways being impacted by winter kill, have made this course absolutely AWESOME. The greens are rolling true, and fast...the fairways are in great shape, and the overall experience was so nice. We played the Sunday morning before going out to watch Tiger in the final round of the Wyndham Championship, and couldn't have asked for anything better as Bryan Park Course is a must-play!

Reviewed 18 May 2015

I played this course on Wednesday May 13, 2015 traveling on my way down to the Wells Fargo golf championship because I have always loved this course. I called a week prior to get a tee time and there was no mention by the staff that they had lost ALL of their fairways.

When we asked about it, they gave a 15% discount, but said the late snow in march had killed all of the fairway grass. (and by all i mean ALL of the fairway grass).

The champions course is a must play when in good shape, but make sure there is grass on the fairways before playing.

Been to Bryan Park - Players and Champions Courses? Share your experiences!