We checked into the Nantahala Village Inn to have a fun weekend in the mountains and take the evening train out of Bryson City. Our room was in one of the 4 four room building on the acreage form the main house. Having all wheel drive or Four wheel drive is good to have in the winter time, dirt rooms to some of the buildings. Nice rooms with a great view and room for 4. The carpeting has stains in various location, their were cobwebs in corners of the room and the back of the couch was dusty. Our wash cloths were dirty and stained and they did replace them. The rooms have no phone so you have to use your cell to call the front desk, WIFI is non existent if that is important and cell service for some carriers can be sparse. Their was a hot tub but it didn't work. The main house is every nice inside with lots of hardwood floors and a nice bar and dining area. Their is no restaurant and the bar is open sparsely. Great view off the back porch of the main house and would have been a great place to sit and have a drink at the end of the day. Breakfast is very continental. If you want a good breakfast you have to go into Bryson City 9 miles down the road. Lost of Kayaks owners there and if you like out of the way and peace and quite, this is it. They have a tennis/basketball court and a very nice pool, plus a pavilion for picnics and parties. Our overall take was somewhat disappointing, it just became a place to sleep. The place has a lot of potential to be a great destination, but it doesn't have it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nantahala Village is a landmark Great Smoky Mountains destination that caters to family vacations, weddings, corporate retreats, motor club and special interest gatherings. Rental units include Lodge rooms, Fireplace Suites, and on site cabins. Horseback riding, swimming pool, fitness room, game room, playground, mountain biking and hiking trails are all on the property. Zipline adventures, whitewater rafting, the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad and other activities are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Nantahala Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nantahala Village Hotel Bryson City
- Nantahala Village Resort And Spa