“2nd experience much better than the first.”

The Bistro at the Everett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Bryson City
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Cork and Bean, our philosophy at the Bistro at the Everett Hotel, is to "Eat with Integrity – Live with Gratitude." Our intention is to carefully and continuously craft a menu that allows you to have as close of a relationship with your food as possible. We start by selecting responsibly sourced ingredients with a focus on organic, local, sustainable & seasonal fare. Our chefs artfully blend this fresh concept with a twist on traditional southern influences. Indulge yourself with our savory & sweet signature dishes that are simply and respectfully presented to engage your senses.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Seriously sounds dumb but best hummus ever. Only reason they didn't get a FIVE is that I usually don't drink...sometimes yes but I can't stand having alcohol being pushed on my over and over when I have already said NO.

The server was VERY attentive and I finally got to try the meatloaf before it sold out. Worth it and sooooo good. The portions here are really fresh, nicely seasoned and generous. Some of the dishes seem salty to me and I love my salt so taste before you season. Crepes are like wowzers.

The manager was great too. I can now recommend this restaurant to in town and out of towners alike. Please don't assume you can recognize a tourist. I am a transplant from Chicago and Columbus Ohio but live close to here and a friend has a house in town. We would like to be treated like people ....not locals or tourists.

Other than that. Worth the money. However, if you are looking for quiet, realize this is a small dining room and "tourists" (lol) bring their children. The times I have been there the children have been super loud and obnoxious and not much is done about it plus you basically sit with them at their table. So no romantic date night here. Maybe on the patio in warmer weather? Never dined there.

Mary B, Manager at The Bistro at the Everett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review and we're so glad to hear you enjoyed our hummus and the meatloaf!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Stayed in Bryson city for a month in 2016 while attending a course at NOC...at that time went to the Everett a few times for dinner and it was good (most expensive in town)...went again in August 2017 and I thought I was on a hidden camera...waitress sat me at a table marked “reserved” I asked if that was OK and was told that I was early and the reservation was not for a while..ordered a drink and app...app took 20 minutes to arrive...after that the waitress proceeded to have a 40 minute chat with another couple seated near by...really 40 minutes..I timed it...never checked on me never checked on my food...another server asked if I was ready for my check! I hadn’t been served yet! Another server saw I was pissed and brought my food while my waitress continued to talk to the couple at the other table...from what I could hear she was hitting them up for a job...I had to wave down another server for both another drink and my check...the original waitress brought my check with a big smile and ask how everything was...it was all I could do not to explode...TIP (I have been told) means “to ensure promptness” I didn’t leave one...they need a manager!

1  Thank Mark S
Mary B, Manager at The Bistro at the Everett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

We wish you would have talked to us while you were here last summer so we could have resolved this for you. Your experience here is not the norm.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

My husband and I went here the week of Christmas and I was glad I had made a reservation at 6:30 because by 7 there were no empty seats. There is parking off street behind the bistro. It's a small quaint (without being stuffy) bistro, white linen table cloths, with rustic decor. We felt right at home in our Jeans and sweaters. Elisabeth was our server and was a delight! She recommended the trout and I'm glad I took it! It was my 1st time eating Mountain Trout and the breading was perfect for the trout and my husband had the Sausage Jambalaya. Just the right amount of heat. Both were superb ( we shared as usual ) Elisabeth also recommended our wine ( which was perfect) For desert we shared the creme brulee - OH SOOO GOOD and a cappacino ( we had to share - we were soo full from our entrees) We will be coming back next fall and will most certainly make reservation here! Can't wait to see what will be on the menu!

Thanks so much for your review! Our mountain trout is one of our most popular dishes, with sausage jambalaya not far behind. We look forward to your visit next fall!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The scallops and grits and the meatloaf were to die for. The experience at The Bistro far exceeded our expectations both in the food and service. Breakfast was also delicious!

Mary B, Manager at The Bistro at the Everett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for dining with us and we're so glad to hear that your food and service was beyond your expectations!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here twice on a recent visit back to Bryson. Both meals were fantastic! The beer and wine selections were equally as wonderful. Appetizers, entrees and desert, all were delicious. We used to go when it was just crepes, Wine and cheese. We actually miss that too!

Mary B, Manager at The Bistro at the Everett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for your kind review and for dining with us twice on your last Bryson City visit!