All reviews the river fire pit the owner motorcycle trip base camp rooms are clean family business a great place to stay awesome stay the great smokey mountain railroad north carolina kathy motel mountains furniture miles scenic
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Bryson City is a small town on the North Carolina side of the Great Smoky Mountain national park. This motel had a cozy, rustic ambiance to it that was adequate for our needs. More upscale accommodations can be found on the Tennessee side of the park in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience here.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The place is ideal for a short stay. The rooms are kept clean and tidy. The river, with its beautiful view, is a few steps away, and the owners are very welcoming and offer coffee in the morning! It gives a very authentic feel!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Thank Anita .
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Beautiful location, old vacation motel, somewhat updated. We enjoyed the fire pit by the river. Out of downtown, so quiet. Friendly owner and dog. Comfortable bed. We would stay again. GPS has trouble finding it, easily found on a map. It is on the highway (19) East of town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

We thank you and our dog Rory thanks you for your review. Also thank for bringing up the GPS issue. We have sent this year a lot of issues with certain brands. Always with TOMTOM for years but recently with megellin and since certain updates with Google maps. TIP OF THANKS YEAR!! Turn off auto complete and enter whole address. Auto complete will input lane alphabetically where you want road or street. Hope this helps.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Our reservation didn't get submitted as 3 adults and 1 child so when we arrived at check in we had to have that changed and it cost us $20 more. I was fine with that but the lady at the counter was very rude about it. My youngest was excited and a little loud and she jumped all over her about how she needed to be quiet. There was a comment made that I needed to make sure how I register online and that we might have been put in a room with only one bed. I joked saying my kids could sleep on the floor. They had no sense of humor about what I said saying very bluntly we don't allow that. I knew that. I was just joking. As for my child being loud she never was. There were others being loud though. The room needed some TLC as well. They only had soap, no shampoo or conditioner which I am used to having in the places we have stayed. If the people who run it weren't so rude I would consider going back but being as that is the way they are I will not be going back and will be telling everyone I know who has kids not to go there either.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda W

Excuse me but I must vent a little. If you knew how many people just this week have purposely listed only the minimum persons on the reservation but arrived with more just to save the price of extra persons you would understand why we don't find it humorous. They try to hide 4 or 5 people in a room with one bed and make all kinds of noise and mess but when we catch them suddenly we are the bad guy.
As for the noise the little girl was making screeching and shrieking in the office I was more concerned about the gentleman who was clinching his fists and growling through his teeth at her to "shut up"
I'm sorry you didn't pack your shampoo and conditioner but it is not listed anywhere as one of our amenities and you did pick us for the best price around.
We are very kid friendly and for the record most children behave better than a lot of adults and we cherish them enough to make sure they are safe here.
This is our busiest time of year here and a lot of people try to take inappropriate liberties on and with our property and our hospitality which puts us a little on edge so yes we have to take things very seriously to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for the most persons possible.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Very Friendly Owners . We are currently staying there but have to leave in the morning. It is going to be a sad moment when we pull out the driveway. Housekeepers were very attentive to any of the needs that came up.. Room & grounds were VERY CLEAN.. Two Rivers Lodge really made our Anniversary that much more special.

Room Tip: Some may want to ask to have a room further away from the ice machine / noise. However it never did bother us.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
TwoRiversLodgenc, Owner at Two Rivers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We each enjoyed speaking with you on several occasions during your stay and hope you get to visit again.