“Nice job with seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The tuna app is the size of an entrée (if it came with a starch). It is fresh and delicious. The spicy steamed shrimp are truly spicy. The hushpuppies are tasty, if a bit dense. The only thing I miss is the buffalo tuna, from before it was a Pop's establishment--and I bet they'd be willing to whip that up. The views are fantastic.

1  Thank Sarah_the_F00die

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We ate here for lunch and were greeted warmly. We were seated in a booth with a great view of the sound. Our server was very friendly and answered any questions we had politely and patiently as she delivered our basket of condiments (cocktail and tartar sauce that were handmade).

We ordered some buffalo shrimp for an appetizer. My son (as usual) ordered a cheeseburger--the chili cheese variety. My husband ordered the blackened tuna and I ordered the crabcake.

Everything was delicious! This is a very low-key restaurant with paper plates and plastic silverware, but we don't mind that when the food is this good.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

On a recent visit, we sampled their shrimp, oysters, scallops and mahi. All were caught locally,simply prepared and absolutely delicious! This is a very low-key restaurant where all the attention is on the seafood. If you are looking for the fine dining experience (and the price tag that goes with it) then you should look somewhere else. If you are looking for fresh seafood that is prepared the ways the locals eat it,then this is your place.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

The first time my husband and I ate here was 30 years ago when it was Billy's Fish House. At that time it was still in the original "fish house" building, the food was inexpensive and outstanding. Over time an extension to the dining room has been added but it is still a very cozy (small) place. We visit Frisco on a regular basis and always eat here. Over the years the restaurant has changed hands several times but still continues the tradition of plastic silverware and disposable plates. However, for the prices they charge now, I would expect an actual plate and real silverware. The food is okay if you like fried seafood. An option of broiled is given for the scallops. DO NOT order broiled scallops! They were nasty. This time we left feeling a bit disappointed. If we do visit again, I will certainly NOT order scallops.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

The Fish House has ample menu choices with well-prepared fresh dishes sure to delight. We visited for the first time for lunch - friendly service and tasty food, both fried and grilled. We enjoyed our visit so much our family returned the next day for dinner. All entrees come with fries and hush puppies. Homemade cocktail sauce is delicious (and strong). Setting is pleasant, basic, and family-friendly. Staff is attentive and helpful. We'll be back next time!