“Best flounder sandwich ever!”
Review of Fish House Restaurant - CLOSED

Fish House Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I have been stopping at this place for years and it has changed hands I think but I still love it! It is small, tidy and clean, mom and pop feel with the best sweet ice tea in town! I love the view of old and new boats and working boats too. It is not a manicures marina which I enjoy the reality of it all. I always get the fried flounder sandwich and my friend got the catfish sand which and it was just like my mom makes! Lightly breaded and came out fresh and hot w fries and that amazing bottomless cup of sweet tea! We are well, we're treated well had a great view , no huge loud crowd but full house still the same and all for $25. It is a great little place!

1  Thank conni r

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Every restaurant can have a bad night, but this was so bad we will never go there again! We ate here because the restaurant seemed to have local charm. The restaurant has diner-style decor with a view of a boat inlet off the sound. Most everything was disposable...plastic forks and cans of soda with Styrofoam cups. We ordered grilled tuna tacos and the broiled scallop platter. The tuna pieces (small squares) in the tacos were heavily seasoned in what seemed to be Montreal steak seasoning. It could have been tuna or chicken...I couldn't tell. The sauce that they put into the tacos didn't go well with the Montreal steak seasoning. The three tacos with probably 3 ounces of meat came with stale taco chips and a small plastic container of salsa.
The scallop platter came with fries and coleslaw. The scallops were served in a basket lined with waxed paper in a little puddle of water. The scallops were tough and chewy and seemed microwaved (maybe to thaw them out and then left in the microwave too long) and tasted like they were seasoned with lemon pepper. They tasted fishy and old. There were tons of fries though. Our bill was $40 which was ridiculous for the quality and amount of food. Maybe the fried food tastes better.

2  Thank CaseyK73
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The tuna app is the size of an entrée (if it came with a starch). It is fresh and delicious. The spicy steamed shrimp are truly spicy. The hushpuppies are tasty, if a bit dense. The only thing I miss is the buffalo tuna, from before it was a Pop's establishment--and I bet they'd be willing to whip that up. The views are fantastic.

1  Thank Sarah_the_F00die
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We ate here for lunch and were greeted warmly. We were seated in a booth with a great view of the sound. Our server was very friendly and answered any questions we had politely and patiently as she delivered our basket of condiments (cocktail and tartar sauce that were handmade).

We ordered some buffalo shrimp for an appetizer. My son (as usual) ordered a cheeseburger--the chili cheese variety. My husband ordered the blackened tuna and I ordered the crabcake.

Everything was delicious! This is a very low-key restaurant with paper plates and plastic silverware, but we don't mind that when the food is this good.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

On a recent visit, we sampled their shrimp, oysters, scallops and mahi. All were caught locally,simply prepared and absolutely delicious! This is a very low-key restaurant where all the attention is on the seafood. If you are looking for the fine dining experience (and the price tag that goes with it) then you should look somewhere else. If you are looking for fresh seafood that is prepared the ways the locals eat it,then this is your place.