“Decent alternative for Tex-Mex”

On The Border Mexican Grill
Ranked #115 of 476 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 13 June 2017

My first impression of any Mexican restaurant are the chips and salsa. OTB's chips are warm, crispy and have just the right amount of salt. The salsa is ok, a little more heat that I prefer, but it tastes fresh and has a nice consistency. OTB offers a great margarita selection and they are quite tasty. The menu is extensive and offers some unique items. Portions are huge, so my wife and I tend to order one item and split it. As chains go, OTB offers a nice higher-end alternative to the Tex-Mex options in town. Our service was better than the food, and our waitress even asked if we wanted some chips and salsa to go. Nice touch!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed eating on the covered patio. The chips were good and so was the salsa if you like it with a little heat (they said they did not have a milder version when my wife asked). Chicken enchiladas were excellent. And service was good.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Best on the border I've been too, but nothing too special. The food was standard, service was great though.

1  Thank Gregory N
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our server was friendly and prompt in-spite of being extremely busy. Food was good. Have tried several items with all good food.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My wife and I just had lunch at OTB. We arrived after 1:00 pm - very quiet. Seated by a nice young man. I am on crutches, and he was very helpful getting me to my table. Both my wife and I had the Dos XX Fish Tacos. They were outstanding. Very good taste without being too spicy. Came with beans (your choice) and rice. The usual chips and salsa were also provided.
Lunch was served promptly, and our server checked on us halfway through to be sure everything was OK.
A great lunch for us.