“Best ever!”

Outer Banks Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cedar Island Stables offer amazing beach trail rides from 60 minutes and up. Travel down the all natural coast line of Pamlico Sound where you will ride on the beach , over and through the dunes, do awesome river crossings island hopping to places only inhabited by wild Spanish horses and free range cattle. Trail rides are available 7 days a week, weather permitting with reservations. Experienced guides, amazing beaches & scenic nature scenes will make your visit one to remember. We are adding the ability for our equestrian friends to bring their own horses, stay in our campground or at our motel and ride at your leisure throughout the beaches. We are completing phase one of the motel and rooms have been completely redone inside with new LED lighting, carpet, granite counter tops, new shower, and sink hardware, new toilets, new doors, Direct TV and new AC units. Join us for lunch or dinner at the all new Sharky's Bar & Grill with great food, pool tables, NFL Ticket & a full bar.
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Went on the most relaxing trip today with my daughter (13yrs). Miss Cheryl and Miss Katie were fabulous. These stables you might miss, right before you get to the Cedar Island ferry. We went on the 1 1/2 hr trip (105$each). We walked all down the island, in the water, out to the sand bars. Saw many wild ponies, cattle, and beautiful birds. You will get wet. For all levels of riders, she puts you with a horse according to your height, weight and experience. 70$ -1hr, 105$-1 1/2 hr, they have a 2hr not sure $. Call ahead to make reservations. An absolute must and on my top 5 ever for sure!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"cattle"
"scenery"

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I was so excited to ride on the beach, it was something I had never done. I'm pretty sure I had a smile on my face the entire time.. The experience was amazing. You ride through the water, along the ocean, see wild cattle and horses, and much more wildlife. My boyfriend and I went on the sunset ride over the summer. Cheryl was wonderful and made us feel comfortable. It was just us 3 on the ride and we learned so much from Cheryl just from our hour and a half ride. You can't judge a book by its cover, it may look a tad run down but she takes such good care of the horses and has so much passion about what she is doing. We helped her feed and let the horses out at the end of the night (not everyone does this we just offered to help). She takes photos along the way so you have plenty of videos and pictures to remember the moment! Unfortunately, it won't let me upload videos.. We even saw an otter which she has never seen before on any of the rides! Thank you Cheryl for the wonderful experience! 100% will return!

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

My 52 year old mother and I did the sunset beach ride, and it was well beyond my expectations! So much fun! The barn looks a little sketchy when you pull up, it could use some love. But the horses are well taken care of and are very loved. Cheryl matches you to a horse that she thinks you'll do well with based on your experience, which is awesome! I will defiantly be back!!

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 19 August 2015

My mother & I have gone for a trail rides in 2008,2009,2010,2011. We are beginners and have always felt safe on the horses. We where able ride with the horses in water past our shoes and most times we went we saw wild horses! I am sorry I can't remember the owners name but she has trained these horse beautifully. We are thinking of going back to the Crystal Coast and this a must stop!

1  Thank OzmaofOZ123