“Grand stay in chapel hill”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This sheraton is beautiful. It looks newly renovated. the lobby is large and modern. All the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay went perfect The rooms are nice and comfortable. All the furnishings are high quality and the bed is very comfortable. We stayed in a king room with a balcony. This hotel offers free shuttle service wich is nice if you want to go out on franklin street and enjoy yourself. I didnt get to eat in the restraunt. The breakfast was good quality with a variety of fruits oatmeal and many other good options. i will deffinitly stay at this hotel the next time i come to chapel hill. The staff did everything to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I enjoyed seeing the dogs in the hotel wich they accept with no pet fee (rare). The free internet was nice and effecient.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dantaytr7

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed with my family over a game weekend for the second time. It was a real treat again. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We received an upgraded room on the club floor. It was perfect to have complimentary breakfast for the whole family in a special lounge.
The room was very clean. The beds were the best.
This hotel will be my pick every time I visit Chapel Hill.

Room Tip: Ask the staff to upgrade you to the executive floor. Its totally worth it especially if you are with...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank adorableann
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for you great feedback! Our team at the Sheraton strives to exceed every guest’s expectation. I am glad you and your family had another memorable stay. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Nitin Khanna

Reviewed 15 January 2013

When I first arrived I was checked in by the most wonderful woman. She was pleasant and helpful and I just knew my stay was going to be grand. The lobby was nice and clean and even though a little busy, she was still able to focus and help everyone. Later on that night there was a gentleman there that was equally as pleasant however he acted as though we were friends and didn't resolve my issue satisfactorily in my opinion. My sheets had a a few funky looking spots on them, it looked like they hadn't been washed and had sexual body fluids in them along with feces, I called the front desk and told him about the problem and he did being sheets to me, but had no intentions on changing them. After I protested he said I can help you, but I'm not changing them for you! To my disgust I obliged, but I was very upset, being that I reserved a room at a large, reputable full service hotel. The man then offered me free breakfast tix, I was appreciative however not satisfied. The employee actually told me to confer with the morning staff about the issue, so I did and to my dismay there wasn't any management on duty at all. That was highly unusual and inappropriate. I'm not looking for a handout or anything of this nature but I feel that my stay was less than pleasurable and being that was my first stay there since the 90's my expectation were way higher. The other displeasing issue was the bathroom was not clean and the tiles are dingy with mildew and need to replaced. Please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Caramellibra80

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We take every guest feedback very seriously and want to assure you that the team at the Sheraton Chapel Hill is committed to provide every guest with an excellent experience.

Our staff consistently exceeds guest’s expectations and Sheraton Chapel Hill is a leading hotel for guest satisfaction for the Sheraton brand. I would like for you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service levels for which we are known.

I would like to discuss your concerns further to provide a satisfactory resolution. I can be reached at 919-968-4900.

Nitin Khanna

Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel is fine for a short stay.

The staff was very nice and their business area comfortable. The room was clean and pleasant with a separate large closet for suitcases. The problem with the room was the bathroom. Used bath towels could be hung behind the door or in the shower (yes, a towel rack in the shower) but there was no place to hang hand towels. The only place for a hand towel was on the small sink counter. The hotel asks customers to help it go green by reusing towels, but offers little room for hanging them. Hmmm.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for 5 days (4 nights) and was very impressed by the efficiency of the staff, cleanliness of the room and lobby and great location between Chapel Hill and Durham. The staff was helpful in giving driving and restaurant recommendations. When I'm back in the area, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013