“Awesome Experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #47 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stayed here before and after the Thanksgiving holiday. Each stay was marked with an incredible room and superior customer service. This is definitely our new go-to for overnight visits in Charlotte!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Chad B, Assistant GM at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

We are excited that you chose to spend the Thanksgiving holiday at our property and had a wonderful stay. We look forward to your next stay at the Courtyard Ballantyne!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I have been a member of the Marriott family of hotels for some time and have always been treated with respect and kindness. However, during my recent trip to Charlotte, NC I reserved a room at the Courtyard at Marriott in Ballantyne and for some reason, the hotel staff never confirmed my reservation and at the last minute I was forced to stay elsewhere. On the first night's stay I received a telephone call from a young man who identified himself as "TJ" and the nightshift manager asking I was still planning to stay at the Courtyard. I explained that my reservation was never confirmed and that I had to find another place to stay. TJ immediately offered me a room in a fully booked hotel and asked if would be willing to give the Marriott a second chance to make it right. I cancelled my room and stayed at the Marriott the following evening. TJ made me feel very welcomed and he had some night time snacks placed in my room upon arrival. This has never happened with any other chain of hotels in my 30 year experience. Kudos to the Marriott staff for making a bad situation work in my favor.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the awesome story about how our staff made it happen for you. We do everything we can to accommodate our guests even when something does not go exactly to plan. Please come visit the Courtyard Ballantyne when travel brings you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Arrived after a long week of work across the country to meet the family. The associates at check-in were beyond welcoming and upgraded me without even telling me! So appreciated and it was above and beyond. We plan to revisit this area for other outings in the near future, and I'm certain that the hotel we will be staying in has been determined! Thanks!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the great remarks about the check-in experience. I am glad to hear we were able to upgrade you to a King Suite. Look forward to your return visit at the Courtyard Ballantyne.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My sister and I had the pleasure of lodging at this beautiful establishment. One thing that she and I won't tolerate is poor customer service. Mona, TJ, and Shannon at the front desk did the complete opposite. Warm personalities (that's genuine and not fake), very helpful and informative. I have already declared this location as my go-to-stay-at hotel WHENEVER I am in Charlotte. I'll be visiting again before the end of the year and guess where I'm staying... Courtyard Charlotte Ballantyne! See you all again REAL soon!

Room Tip: Get that King size bed!