“Great Food, Even Better Service”
Review of FATZ - CLOSED

FATZ
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Native American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I decided to stop by Fatz after arriving in the area for a couple days at Carowinds. We were very pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by courteous staff and a manager who asked if it was our first time at which point we were given a free sample of their famed Calabash chicken. It was excellent enough that we both ordered entrees with it.

Our server was the best waitress (Veronica) I've ever had. Pleasant, upbeat, and helpful, she was extremely proactive and had the same helpful demeanor that everyone else we encountered did. From making sure we got the discounts we should (without us asking) to suggesting a drink my very picky wife absolutely loved, she was fantastic.

Sometimes you'll encounter one or two exceptional elements in an average restaurant, but this place truly had an excellent vibe. We will go out of our way to eat here again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We've been here a few times, and have really had no complaints. The calabash chicken is good, but there's nothing really memorable about Fatz. Good bread, good service. But it's nothing to get too excited about.

CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Sir:

We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we can only get better by learning from our guest when we fail to deliver on their, as well as our, expectations of providing an exceptional dining experience along with great service and food. Please accept our apologies and thank you again for your feedback.

John Mathiason, Operating Partner
10920 Winds Crossing Drive
Charlotte, NC 28273
704.587.1772
fatzcarowinds@fatz.com

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We took my stepdad here for a treat night. We had an awesome server (regretfully I can't remember her name!) who was very attentive and super friendly. I love the poppy seed rolls so she brought out extras! We ordered the cheese fries for our appetizer and we were all fighting over them-- delicious! My husband and I both had the steak tips and we loved them-great flavor and cooked just the way we liked!! My stepdad had the calabash shrimp and he really liked that too! I've always had good experiences here and will definitely go back!!

1  Thank Christy K
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Walking in the place felt pretty fancy, but was more like a glorified Applebee's. The music was pleasant though, mostly recognizable movie tunes. The food was good but nothing to write home about. It had a large chain restaurant quality which isn't what we were looking for.

1  Thank Littlecoconut1
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We ate at Fatz just across the border from South Carolina yesterday on a recommendation from my brother in law and this particular one didn't quite fill our expectations. It had the look of a nice place with superb standards but definitely wasn't. The wait staff wasn't horrid but they weren't great either (our waitress was decent, not everyone else). The steaks weren't cooked how we ordered them and the ribs I got looked like they were sitting out for hours prior to me getting them. We didn't complain and just ate the food because the woman who brought out our food had that "I don't give a hoot about being here or you" look and figured we'd get a side of spit if she was involved. Given the opportunity, I would not go back or recommend this place to anyone else.