“Harrah's Cherokee”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Augustine
“Harrah's Cherokee”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have stayed there and have been back to go to the casino and restaurants. The rooms are clean and nice. The restaurants are the best in Cherokee. It is a large complex and confusing to get around. It's location is hard to get to as Cherokee does not have easy access. I would consider going elsewhere If you are bringing kids . It is not very kid friendly. For example, the food court is in the Casino and children are not allowed in the Casino this where Johnny Rockets Dunkin Donuts and pizza Uno are located

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,253)
  • Korean first
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband received a comp. room offer in the mail so we took advantage of it and stayed for one night in the Creek Tower. We weren't sure what to expect for a free room but we were very pleasantly surprised at our room. It was on the 10th floor and had a king bed, a seating area with a couch that was a sleeper sofa, a small fridge and bathroom. It was extremely clean and well maintained. The bed was amazing, soft, comfy and roomy. The shower in the bathroom was the best shower EVER!! I wanted to bring it home with me. We did not have a tub, but it was not missed. The shower was roomy, well light and had incredible water pressure. It sounds silly to get all excited over a shower but, seriously, it was that good. We never heard any hall noise while we were in our room. The sound-proofing in the room was great.
Check-in was easy and quick and finding our way around the hotel was easy. The common areas of the hotel were tastefully decorated in more of a mountain/nature theme as opposed to Vegas/Neon that you would expect in a casino. It was very pleasant.
We ate at the Chef's stage buffet for dinner and it was good. A typical buffet, not that that's a bad thing, there was something for everyone. I thought the Key Lime Pie was outstanding. For breakfast, we ate at Paula Deen's kitchen. There is a buffet that my husband enjoyed and I ordered pancakes which were huge!! The Chef's stage buffet was a little on the pricey side but the breakfast was reasonable. Make sure to sign up for their "Total Rewards" card, you earn points by playing and you also get discounts in the restaurants and shops. Well worth the 5 minutes it takes to sign up.
I thought the casino was fun. I only play the nickel/penny slots and there was a huge selection of those. They had real, Vegas-style table games that were busy. They also had a smoke free section of the casino that really was smoke free. You could tell when you walked in that area that the air was really well circulated.
Overall, I thought this was a great hotel and will definitely return for another quick getaway!

1 Thank ligby
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Harrah's Cherokee sets the bar high in terms of customer service. Everyone, from the hotel and casino staff to the restaurant personnel and custodial workers, makes a point of telling you how happy they are that you came to visit and to let them know if you need anything. Our room in the Creek Tower was immaculate and had a wonderful view of the mountains. The air conditioner, television and room refrigerator worked perfectly. The bathroom amenities were very nice and a in-room safe is always appreciated. The bartenders at all the casino bars were friendly and attentive. Rebecca, Farrah and Albert provided such excellent service that I asked for their names for this review. The pool was still under construction which gave me more time in the casino. There's a great variety of slot machines and the Diamond Lounge provided an excellent variety of food. I didn't think the walk to the casino from my room was too far as mentioned in several reviews of the Cherokee. It might be an age thing. Overall, it was a wonderful 4 night stay and we loved exploring this beautiful area of North Carolina. We'll return again.

Room Tip: The Creek Towers are the most updated. All rooms are a walk from the casino but we didn't think...
1 Thank yolos
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My friend and I didn't stay at the hotel, but we did eat there and we spent about six hours gambling at different table games, video poker and slot machines. We had a good time and I felt the experience was on par with many Las Vegas casinos which I've visited many times. One difference is alcoholic drinks are only available for purchase rather than free if you are gambling. I'd definitely recommend Harrah's because it's unique to have that kind of experience right in North Carolina's mountains.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ATL-travel71
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Both the hotel and casino are huge so put on your walking shoes. The staff at the hotel couldn't be more helpful. We were waiting for check in time in the hotel lobby when a staff member came and asked if we were waiting for a room. He took our confirmation for us over to the desk and checked us in. Our room, in the Soco Tower, was much larger than a normal hotel room. We had a small table with 2 chairs and a sofa with a king sized bed with a bench at the bottom of the bed. The bathroom had all the amenities along with a jetted tub. I was also surprised to find a small fridge since I didn't remember it being in the brochure.

We had breakfast at Paula Deen's and can't wait to go back.

The only negative thing would be there were a few things on the carpet that should have been picked up by a vacuum. I was able to pick them up and put them in the trash.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street. The view was of the Day's Inn across the street. I'm sure...
1 Thank jeetn