“The good, the bad, and the ugly.”
Review of El Camino Motel

El Camino Motel
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have always wanted to stay at the El Camino. It looks like the adorable little places we stayed growing up with it's stone exterior. Unfortunately my imagination was grander than the experience. The good... the people at check in were so nice, and the doggie was precious! The beds were comfortable and I loved the fact the mattresses were encased with a zippered cover. The bad... we stayed on a weekend night and the rate was entirely too high for what they offer. And not that it was bad, but be aware that you need a quarter to get ice. And now the ugly... the room itself was not necessarily dirty, but it is in desperate need of an update. Just small things like some touchup paint would help. But seriously... the place needs some new towels, new shower curtains, and cleaner looking coffee pots. Would I stay there again? Definitely if the rooms were remodeled, but not until then.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EvieH92866

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place was the most disgusting Motel I have ever seen! We checked in and upon entering the room check the mattresses.. first of all they were damp and you could see the springs through the sheets! They were rock hard and super uncomfortable. I went out to my car to get my bag and as soon as the door opened saw a cockroach run across the threshold. I started looking around more and noticed that they were cockroaches on the ceiling on the wall and this was in daylight! I can only imagine what would be crawling when it got dark! I took a shower. There were cobwebs in the corner, no lid on the toilet, and the bathtub was disgusting. There was no way I could spend the night there, so we left and got a room somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if this place had bedbugs...felt so itchy just being in there for a half hour. I don't see how anyone could stay there..if you are in Cherokee..spend the extra money...this place should be shut down!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The wifi was very poor, just about non-existent and you had to reconnect every couple of minutes. Had to pay a quarter for ice, no fridge or microwave in room. Room had a small coffee pot and cable tv.. Ok, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Wanna know how clean your motel room is? Check behind the bathroom door. Disgusting! Beds were comfortable, but after seeing the bathroom floor I was disappointed. Motel is walking distance from the casino. Nice location but needs to be cleaned better.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Cute doggies. Loved it. Very nice people that runs the motel I'd stay there anytime. Friendly people close to everything. Loved it. Loved seeing Russ. He's such a delightful little guy.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple