Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hickory Falls Guesthouse(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$79
The Esmeralda Inn(Chimney Rock)
US$209
US$203
Evening Shade River Lodge & Cabins(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Broad River Inn(Chimney Rock)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbroad riverlake luregravel parking lotchimney rock parkrooms overlookhelpful ownersrooms are cleanmain levelwithin walking distancescreen doorplace to stayfire pitget away from it allonly stayed one nightsmall refrigeratoran older hotelenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Last minute booking on holiday and we loved it! The owners are fantastic people and the room was very clean and accommodating. We had an awesome view of Chimney Rock and the river runs right behind the lodge. They have steps to walk down to the river and tables and chairs to sit on. It was a great experience and we hope to go back soon!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank corbs4
Linda C, Owner at Carter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed our facility and our surroundings. It is, as you described, a lovely place to be. We hope you will come back and visit us again at another time. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Love old retro-style motels and this one is just that. Very nice and clean room with balcony view of Chimney Rock and the Broad River. Also, when you stay at places like this, you are helping an American family put food on their table rather than helping a huge corporation with their bottom line. This place is a rare find. Do yourself a favor and visit the Carter Lodge.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janetandmikeellis
Linda C, Owner at Carter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you so very much for your kind review. We have been here at The Carter Lodge for 24 years and have tried diligently to make each guest enjoy a great experience. We certainly appreciate your staying with us and hope that you will come back again in the future.
Again, thank you!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Nice small hotel located right in town and on the Broad River. Extremely clean and all in good working order. Don't be fooled by outward appearance. Much nicer than first appears from road. Balcony rooms overlook river and Chimney Rock. Overall, a nice stay and a good value.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda C, Owner at Carter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your very kind words. We certainly appreciate when our guest takes the time to write a review. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay with us. We certainly hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We discovered this hidden gem on Trip Advisor when we decided to take an overnight trip to Chimney Rock on our way to a conference at Montreat, NC. We had never been to Chimney Rock and staying at the Carter Lodge made our short stay really nice. The lodge is very clean, room has everything you would need, owners are very helpful, bed was comfortable. Our room was on the upper level and we enjoyed watching and listening to the river on the balcony! We were advised by the owner about things to do, and on their advice did take the boat tour on Lake Lure which we enjoyed very much.
We walked to the Lake Lure which was bit longer than we thought as it was hot. Enjoyed walking the Flowering Bridge as well.
Just two small negatives. I plugged my hair dryer and the one the room provided in the room, into the bathroom outlet but could not get them to work. So I could not dry my hair in front of a mirror. It may have just been this room. Also when we sat in the lawn on the swing in the evening to enjoy the river, a number of people chose to smoke outside on their balcony or in lawn seats, and it was very unpleasant. Otherwise this lodge was so nice and we would definitely stay again. The gardens are lovely and I loved looking up at the mountains and THE ROCK!! Also Medina's was delicious and we ate there twice.

Room Tip: Second level rooms I think are best with the little balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda C, Owner at Carter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. Your compliments of our business is certainly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurants and attractions, as well as our property.
We did check the hairdryer and the plug. The little switch in the center of the plug was tripped and it just needed to be pushed in again. I am certainly sorry you had a problem, but we would have been able to fix it for you in a second, if we would have known of the problem. I am sorry your had to have wet hair.
Smoking on the grounds is permitted I am not a smoker and it does bother me, but as a lodging property, we have to accommodate all needs and smoking in the outside area is permitted. I know it is unpleasant, but all needs must be met.
Again, thank you for your review. It is certainly appreciated and hope you will visit with us again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed in a very clean room with a balcony on the river, which all rooms have. The hosts were very cordial and helpful. They recommended a restaurant that is among the best I've been to--an unexpected find called Medinas. And the price was very reasonable for what we were able to enjoy. Hydrangeas were blooming, grass was green, and we felt like we had stumbled onto a treasure!

Room Tip: ALL rooms have balconies on the river so you can enjoy the gurgling. Coffee is on first level.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda C, Owner at Carter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so very much for your kind review. We have enjoyed 25 years of attempting to make our guest have a wonderful experience here in our Hickory Nut Gorge. I love my flower gardens. They are a treasure to me. I certainly am glad you enjoyed them. I will pass on to the Medina's your compliments of their restaurant. They work very hard to make your experience a great one. We hope you wil come back to see us again in the future and again, thank you for your review.