All reviews front desk fire pit very nice hotel other hotels nice room staff was friendly clean rooms breakfast bar would definitely stay here again bistro concert lobby mirror
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I stayed at this location for the first time during The All Star Race in May. When I walked into the Lobby I was greeted by Michaela who's was assisting another customer which made me feel welcomed. I waited a few min then Elizabeth came over with a big smile and got me all checked in with a very friendly, warm, and personal welcome. Throughout my stay I had a few questions and needed a few things and Elizabeth was always prompt and determined to make sure I got what I needed. One of the most impressive things during my interactions with Elizabeth is that she has a very positive " I can help you" attitude. I don't think she has the words "No" or "Can't" in her vocabulary and that's very rare nowadays to experience!
I also wanted to recognize Michaela. She was also very friendly, helpful, and always with a smile. She was always asking me if I needed anything and how my stay was going which I thought was very nice. Both Elizabeth and Michaela made me fell like I was the only person staying at (what seemed to be a sell out) this hotel. Very impressed with their undivided attention. I will be back to stay sometime in the future only because of the fantastic treatment I received from them. Thank you!

Hotel- I feel like the Hotel itself feels a bit outdated and could use a refresh/remodel to update like others around the country in the same category. Main reason I didn't score an excellent rating was due to the property needing an update.
I thought the furniture needed updated and replaced especially in the lobby. Starting to show some age and scratches on the legs and tables too.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at many Marriotts over the years but this is the first time that I've experienced what I assume is their "Clean It Yourself Service"
Yes you read that right. We stayed 4 nights and our room was never touched. We checked in on Thursday and removed the disturb sign and left at 1130 Friday morning. We returned to the room at midnight and room was untouched.
In the morning I went out in the hall and asked for more towels. We stopped at the desk on the way out and asked that they make sure our room got cleaned.
Came back at midnight and still untouched. Got more towels from hallway the next morning and asked again to have our room cleaned.
Came back at night and nothing touched. I'm assuming they cleaned it when we checked out Monday.
Otherwise, stay was fine. Staff was pleasant and room was clean but never cleaned.
We never ate the breakfast or used any other amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Connector293404
Tim T, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you for your review of your experience and please accept our deepest apologies for not meeting your expectations as a Marriott brand hotel.
As we pride ourselves in delivering the most desirable and memorable moments, we have fallen short of that.
I assure you this was an isolated incident and hope that you give our team another chance if you're ever in the Charlotte Concord area.
Again, thank you for your comments as it help us improve the services that we offer.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

i stay at Marriott hotels with mild frequency, but i take the same vacation every year and always stay at this particular location on the same dates, in the same room, for 5 years running. unfortunately, my reservation (which was made 6 months in advance) was buggered up by an employee that was no longer with the company, and i was left in the wind. i was completely prepared to take my business elsewhere and write Marriott off as a company. before i could do that, Elizabeth Vinesett, the Operations Manager of the property, expressed her regret for the situation. she asked me to hold on and give her a chance to make it right. after an hour or so, and several phone calls and juggling on her end, she got in touch with the powers that be and made things right for ME, not for the company. i felt genuinely appreciated as a customer, and was thoroughly impressed with Elizabeth's earnest desire to take care of me and my family, and make sure our expectations were met. Will not be staying anywhere other than a Marriott (especially THIS location) anytime in the near future, if ever at all. Six out of Five stars for Elizabeth, and her customer-centric attitude.

Room tip: the higher floors offer a fantastic view of the south. even numbered rooms (the north side) are quieter due to facing away from the highway.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

For an upscale hotel, they missing many of amenities of more affordable hotels, such as water, tea & coffee available in the lobby. The room was nice and clean. But the outlets were stretched out and my phone charger keep falling out of the outlet. I suggest adding USB outlets. The staff was great.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2017

This occurred while heading to a funeral. After checking in our room was obviously supposed to be ready, but there was a third-party cleaning crew shampooing our room when we went up to it.

Then we discovered we had slept in a bed with a large URINE stain on our bedsheets which had been hidden by clever bed making (why not just switch the sheets is beyond me, other than being intentionally vile) we also discovered BLOOD on the blinds! Management was informed and did nothing. Management also never inspected the room itself. We have now had to contact corporate to escalate the issue, not to mention Hotels.com offered me a $50 gift card and then hung up on me when I demanded a refund! Mattress might have well been a faux display item at a department store, staff was acerbic and unhelpful, was obvious we were bothering them with our trivial complaint of health code violations.

NC health department will be next point of contact. Disgusting, and despicable way to run a hotel, shame on these people.

Marriot has lost a customer and so has hotels.com, heinous business practices!

Room tip: Don't book here!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Spencer A
Andre C, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and the Carpet cleaners came into your room. We attempt to keep the hotel as clean as home. It was bad communication between the two staffs, and for that we apologize. The Black out had a stain, that you agreed to that you were not sure what it was. That stain has been cleaned, but it is permanently etched into the material. But we want all our guest to be satisfied and you were clearly not happy, so I issued a rebate request through the third party that you made the reservation through.