10 people are viewing this hotel
US$589
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$589
Expedia.comUS$589
ZenHotels.comUS$765
1,282 results
All reviews lifesaving station fire pit family pool beach house the outer banks adult pool kimball's kitchen chairs and umbrellas s'mores kit off season main building beach towels screen door each morning ocean view second floor parking lot
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2021

Duck is the best area of OBX we think and we stayed three nights at the Sanderling which we identified as the best hotel in the area. We were in the top level water-to-water view room and found the views were as advertised - both sunrise and sunset over the water.

The staff was warm, wonderful, and helpful throughout which adds to the enjoyment fo being there.

The property itself is lacking. This is nowhere near a five or even four star resort in terms of condition and amenities. Maybe my negatives are nits but when paying a lot to stay at the best resort in Duck - our expectations were set high.

Some observations:
- A bulb or two were out in our room.
- Inside the compartment for the in-room fridge...the floor area was actually water damaged and rotted out. Terrible.
- In the living room area, both ceiling lights were filled with clearly visible dead bugs.
- The inside of the room was more Holiday Inn than high-end resort
- The main building stairs were sand-covered the entire 3-day stay. Broom??

WARNING: If you select the same room we did, know there is no elevator and no bellman. We had to lug our suitcases up three flights of stairs (and one was super long and another super narrow).

I would not recommend the Sanderling.

3  Thank NordicCow
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Hello Craig, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sanderling Resort. We are happy to hear the views and staff were wonderful. Your feedback regarding the resort conditions is appreciated, We are always looking for areas to improve the resort. We will use this feedback to continue to train our team in hopes that a future stay can be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

We had an amazing time - the staff was wonderful and the accommodations were very comfortable- we especially enjoyed breakfast by true fire in the mornings and so inside balcony sunsets in the evening

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2021

Thank you for your kind review and for celebrating with us! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2021

I recently visited the Sanderling Resort with my best friend and our two daughters for a getaway girls weekend. I booked an ocean view suite for the four of us and I'm glad I did. We ultimately landed in the North building, room 314. Our room was beautifully appointed and comfortably configured. We appreciated the ample towel supply - both bath and beach. Since we were only there for an overnight and because our visit took place amidst low season/covid limitations, we were unable to experience the full amenities. We did manage to dine at The Life Saver - twice. Both meals were delicious! We also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub despite frigid outdoor temperatures. If I could suggest one improvement, it would be to refresh the property's exterior. It had me feeling a bit underwhelmed for the price I was paying ($534.16/night). Fortunately, the interior lived up to the resort's positive reviews. I look forward to going back - next time with my husband!

Room tip: Really liked room 314 - North Wing
2  Thank N9479VOjenniferd

Thank you for choosing Sanderling for your girls weekend getaway! I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, the hot tub and dining experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2021

This Inn is downright gorgeous. Wide open spaces with vaulted ceilings and wonderful views of the ocean and sound. Nautical theme with lots of natural wood. Friendly down to earth service. Clean and bright common areas. Very comfortable beds and accommodations
The restaurant is a gem and food is delicious.

Room tip: There are no elevators so if you have a problem with stairs, you should choose a lower level room
Date of stay: March 2021

Hello Sally, we are thrilled by this review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

This was such a fabulous quick vacation at a beautiful resort. Despite it being winter and Covid, there were a surprising amount of amenities open and available! From check in to check out, the resort delivered the calm beauty we needed!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 180meghanm

I am thrilled to read you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed the resort’s amenities. I hope to welcome you back again soon!