Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,277 results
All reviews lifesaving station fire pit family pool beach house the outer banks adult pool kimball's kitchen chairs and umbrellas s'mores kit off season main building beach towels screen door each morning ocean view second floor parking lot
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

When your name includes the word "Resort," expectations tend to be very high particularly when a 2 night stay (with 3rd night being free) costs $700+. Initial impressions were positive, but things quickly soured . . . when we returned late in day on our first day we discovered room had not been taken care of by housekeeping . . . when we questioned front desk we were told housekeeping was not available for our stay . . . if we needed something, we were told we could request it . . . not what you would expect from a "Resort" . . . the next day before i went for a run, I personally asked front desk personnel if I could receive some new towels and shampoo/conditioner. I was told things would be left outside my door in @30 minutes . . . when I returned 4 hours later, nothing . . . I had to return to front desk to again make my request . . . again, not what you would expect from a "Resort". Room was advertised as, and I am assuming charged as, having an ocean view . . . thankfully we were on the 3rd floor and could "barely" see over the berm for a very disappointing "view" of the ocean . . . view of swimming pool was great . . . . . . again, not what you would expect from a "Resort".

Date of stay: March 2021
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Thank you for taking time to write an overview of your experience. While some of our close contact services have been modified for the health and safety of both staff and guests, it’s always our aim to provide exceptional service and a relaxing environment. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to provide the memorable experience we know we can deliver.

Reviewed 21 March 2021

This facility is lovely and immerses you in the beach experience. The staff was lovely and overall the hotel was quiet and peaceful and allowed you to walk right out onto the beach. We enjoyed fresh coffee and tea each morning on our balcony overlooking the sound. There were so many places in the resort to go and enjoy a view. I also used the gym while I was there - now its clear it doesn't get a lot of use and could use some attention/updates/cleaning, but I understand most people don't go to Duck to lift weights. Each night the hotel had a fire outside and we took chairs to go look at stars on the beach. It was lovely, a great value, and we will be back!

Date of stay: March 2021
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2021

Hello Paula,
It is so heartwarming to read reviews like this. Our team strives to make a relaxing and memorable experience for our guest. I can’t wait to share your comments with our team. Thank you so much for staying with us at the Sanderling Resort. I hope to have you and your family back very soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2021

Duck is the best area of OBX we think and we stayed three nights at the Sanderling which we identified as the best hotel in the area. We were in the top level water-to-water view room and found the views were as advertised - both sunrise and sunset over the water.

The staff was warm, wonderful, and helpful throughout which adds to the enjoyment fo being there.

The property itself is lacking. This is nowhere near a five or even four star resort in terms of condition and amenities. Maybe my negatives are nits but when paying a lot to stay at the best resort in Duck - our expectations were set high.

Some observations:
- A bulb or two were out in our room.
- Inside the compartment for the in-room fridge...the floor area was actually water damaged and rotted out. Terrible.
- In the living room area, both ceiling lights were filled with clearly visible dead bugs.
- The inside of the room was more Holiday Inn than high-end resort
- The main building stairs were sand-covered the entire 3-day stay. Broom??

WARNING: If you select the same room we did, know there is no elevator and no bellman. We had to lug our suitcases up three flights of stairs (and one was super long and another super narrow).

I would not recommend the Sanderling.

3  Thank NordicCow
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Hello Craig, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sanderling Resort. We are happy to hear the views and staff were wonderful. Your feedback regarding the resort conditions is appreciated, We are always looking for areas to improve the resort. We will use this feedback to continue to train our team in hopes that a future stay can be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

We had an amazing time - the staff was wonderful and the accommodations were very comfortable- we especially enjoyed breakfast by true fire in the mornings and so inside balcony sunsets in the evening

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Property Management , General Manager at Sanderling Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2021

Thank you for your kind review and for celebrating with us! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2021

I recently visited the Sanderling Resort with my best friend and our two daughters for a getaway girls weekend. I booked an ocean view suite for the four of us and I'm glad I did. We ultimately landed in the North building, room 314. Our room was beautifully appointed and comfortably configured. We appreciated the ample towel supply - both bath and beach. Since we were only there for an overnight and because our visit took place amidst low season/covid limitations, we were unable to experience the full amenities. We did manage to dine at The Life Saver - twice. Both meals were delicious! We also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub despite frigid outdoor temperatures. If I could suggest one improvement, it would be to refresh the property's exterior. It had me feeling a bit underwhelmed for the price I was paying ($534.16/night). Fortunately, the interior lived up to the resort's positive reviews. I look forward to going back - next time with my husband!

Room tip: Really liked room 314 - North Wing
2  Thank N9479VOjenniferd

Thank you for choosing Sanderling for your girls weekend getaway! I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, the hot tub and dining experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We hope to welcome you all back again soon.