Review Highlights
Peaceful getaway

Three of us did the Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest and Marsh Refuge tour. It was a wonderful... read more

Reviewed yesterday
405linnp
Simply Exquisite

Thanks to Jonathan , my wife, brother and I had a spectacular dusk kayak adventure on the Alligator... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
jamesfC8024UK
United States

All reviews pine island alligator river audubon sanctuary maritime forest pea island great tour sunset tour tour guide an excellent guide kitty hawk the outer banks covered bridge easy paddle highly recommend this tour interesting facts experienced kayakers baby alligator
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I snagged a guided sunset tour of Pine Island on a beautiful summer evening in early August. Our local guide was knowledgeable about the flora, fauna, and history of the area -- and she was also a good instructor for participants of all skill levels. Additionally, the kayaks / gear / dock were all in great condition, which made paddling through the marshes a relaxing yet adventurous experience.

Date of experience: August 2021
Joe O, Owner at Coastal Kayak Touring Company, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the review of your positive experience kayaking with us at the Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

We selected the Alligator tour in the Outer Banks. We ended up driving up to Duck Island and the office gal called our guide, Chris, and told him we ended up at the wrong place. Chris waited for us to drive back down and he gave us a great tour of Alligator country!

Date of experience: July 2021

Thank you for joining Kristopher at the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge. I am so glad he was able to accommodate and take you out at a later time.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Beautiful morning kayaking on the Cutturick sound . Brittany ,our guide ,was friendly and engaging. She answered lots of questions from the group and made it a very relaxing morning for all.

Date of experience: August 2021

Thank you for joining Brittany at the Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary and the awesome review.

Reviewed 7 August 2021

Great people to work with. Very personable and accommodating. The trip was an easy, relaxed out and back through a beautiful forest.

Date of experience: August 2021

Thank you for the awesome review and joining us on a relaxing tour of the Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest and Marsh!

Reviewed 4 August 2021

I had the pleasure of taking a tour with Coastal Kayak Company to Pine Island to celebrate my birthday on July 12 with my family. I loved the beautiful scenery and experiencing the nature and wildlife. Chase was an excellent guide and was very knowledgeable of the plants and animals we encountered. Although Brittany was a guest on the tour with us and not working at the time, her knowledge and experience with the company added to the positive experience we had. This was the third tour I have done with this company this summer and it is difficult to determine which is my favorite! I have also participated in the Alligator River Tour with Cameron. It was evident that he was knowledgeable of the area. Unfortunately we did not encounter any alligators at this time, but I will book again in the future in hopes of having better luck. My first tour with this company was at the Maritime Forest with Joe. As owner of the company you could tell he was passionate about his business and bringing an awesome Kayaking experience to both guests and residents of the OBX. I am working towards my goal of experiencing all tours offered by Coastal Kayak Company and only have a few locations left. I recommend this company to anyone who is interested in Kayaking. They are very professional and cater to all ability levels.

Date of experience: July 2021

Thank you Jessica for joining us this past spring and summer on a few of our popular tour locations. I hope you have the opportunity to join us again this fall as the days become cooler and the autumn migration kicks in. You may also want to try one of our more off the beaten path tours as a private tour option.