All reviewsclub floorfitness center next doorfitness clubfront deskconvention centerbusiness triphotel guestslobby barcrab cakesfree shuttlebreakfast buffetan upgradehotel restaurantrtp areacomfortable hotelking bedshuttle service
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here numerous times on business in RTP. Great shuttle service, nice rooms and very good staff. The convention center facilities and food service are good. The worst part about the hotel is the restaurant. Service is adequate but the food is pathetic and the decor is very dated. They seem to have no incentive to improve the restaurant as there are few food options nearby.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Seth B:
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. The details you have provided have been shared with Team Sheraton. Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. We greatly appreciate the comments that you have shared as a business traveler and we certainly will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a college graduation. Location is fine about 15 minutes from Chapel Hill and half the price. I've also frequented this hotel for medical conferences. Place is great. Rooms clean and with reasonable amount of space for 2. Hotel was packed but rooms very quiet. Have eaten here in the past food was always excellent. Just beware of a change at check in if someone else made your reservation such as your wife they may not let you check in. New policy your name specifically has to be on reservation. Was problem but with some phone calls and verification I got my room just FYI. Will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear cran07:
Thank you for your on-line review and choosing to stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel for the UNC graduation ceremony. One of our goals to make our guest experiences excellent, and it seems we achieved this during your stay. We hope that you have created lasting memories that you will always be able to cherish. The delay you experienced during check in was due to the identity verification process to ensure the safety of our guests. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and for your business we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Very nice, clean hotel. Loved the smell of the Market lingering in the lobby!
The showers need updating. They're clean; however the shower head was older and didn't spray fully.
Great business conference areas. Catering was lovely, as well.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Ginger B:
We appreciate your review and your business. I will be sure to share your review with Team Sheraton. If your travels bring you to this area in the future we hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Free shuttle pick up from the airport - courteous service. Check in was fine. Lovely king size room on the 10th floor - with access to the Club lounge. The ladies who worked in the lounge were wonderful - welcoming, helpful and just really nice, pleasant people.
I opted for the green option on alternate days. Unfortunately, I seemed to only have the opt out of the service and not the reward ($5 voucher). The first time I queried this at reception, she wrote one out for me and it was almost thrown at me. I don't know if hostile customer service is normal in the US, but I haven't experienced anything quite like it. I had to go back a second and finally a third time, when the proactive man on reception resolved the issue by giving me them in advance. I wouldn't do it again - I thought the point of it was to save laundry etc - in reality it just means they don't touch your room, so you have no water or bed made - sounds like a staff reduction plan to me. The restaurant quality is ok - reads better than it tastes. I had the toughest steak tacos ever. Over zealous waiting staff in the restaurant are ready to take your plate before you've finished chewing. AC had to be turned off at night as the noise was awful. If it wasn't a business trip, I would probably have moved to another hotel.....given that this is a preferred option for our business, the hotel really ought to pick up its quality of service.

Room Tip: Club level is best option for value
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank reni_p_n
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear reni_p_n:
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Let me assure you that your comments will be shared with the Front Desk Manager for training purposes. Our number one priority is to offer each guest stellar customer service and it appears that we missed the mark this time. I will be sure to share your comments with the Club Lounge Concierges. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope that if you are in the RDU area you will give us another try.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Stayed here for a convention and the highlight was the staff--VERY helpful and nice, and the amenities in the building were also nice: café, bar, large and welcoming entry, most easily accessible on the 1st floor. Unfortunately, the rooms and food left something to be desired. I stayed in a double room and while the beds were nice, they were only full size (which I have never experienced before,) and you can tell the updates were done as cheaply as possible (caulking around parts of the sink were sloppy, drop ceiling in a 'modern' room, etc. Also the room was in general noisy and it was difficult to go to sleep with a VERY loud AC (that blew frigid air even on lowest setting) and door lock that kept clicking.(-I know this last issue is a maintenance issue, but I just didn't want to report it in the middle of the night while I was trying to go to bed. When I did report it the maintenance man came quickly and was very nice.) I got room service and the food was pretty bad. The chicken wings were VERY slimy and bland, as was the French onion soup, the sweet tea was so sweet I could hardly drink it, and the cheesecake was mediocre at best. Overall, because the convention rate is so inexpensive I would probably stay here again for the next one, but I would find something else if I were on vacation or personal trip.

Stayed: April 2016
2  Thank NRK4444

Dear NRK4444:
Thank you for your on-line review. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you experienced while staying with us and know that your experience wasn’t reflective of the high standards of quality and customer service that we’ve set. Your comments will be reviewed by our team and we appreciate the time you have taken to reach out and let us know about your stay. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to deliver exceptional service and restore your confidence in our hotel.
SHICC