“Game day golf”

Duke University Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Robert Trent Jones, this eighteen-hole, par 72 championship golf course features directional bunkering, visible hazards and accessible target greens.
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Played with 7 friends during a Duke home game. Found the course in good shape, was a great layout and the greens very good. Since I had no Duke affiliation, thought the $120 price maybe steep. But probably would come back, but on a drier day. Had cart path only. Staff inside and out were great though.

All reviews
"inconsistent"
"players"
"game"

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I may be biased because I am a Dukie, but this is a great track. Just an all around fantastic course. While I agree with some of the other reviews that you really do need to hit straight on this course, I would disagree that a high handicapper can't have fun here. I am not a great golfer but I enjoyed playing here. Lots of elevation changes and really well designed for a public course. My only qualm would be that it is not inexpensive and a bottle of water in the cart would be a nice touch.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Played mid-April 2016, greens were nice and very fast and the whole course was pretty dry and firm. Not sure if this was a result of a dry winter or not. Pace of play was painfully slow on a Saturday, the cart guy was grouchy but everyone else was cool. Like everything at Duke, you'll be paying for the experience. But it is a great layout and proximity to Duke and downtown Durham are notable positives. The adjoining hotel is excellent too.

1  Thank ken22222
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I hadn't played here for years, but was on a trip recently , made a tee time and decided to play on Saturday afternoon w my wife. The course was in embarrassing...if not abominable...condition. I have seen better cow pastures. There is no way they should be charging what they do.....PLUS, the course must be overbooking its tee times, as we were approaching THREE HOURS on the course on the eleventh hole. We waited on every shot from the first hole until we hit the twelfth tee...where two groups were waiting. We quit and headed in. Abandon Hope All Who Enter Here!

3  Thank Rcdown78
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 November 2015

The Course was exceptional from the time we arrived to the very end. Staff suddenly appeared at the car with a cart, gave course advice on conditions and even checked in during the round.

The course was exceptional in every sense of the word. We played the week before a tournament and its presentation, condition and greens gave an indication of what it is like to play courses like the big boys do.

Sure I am a Tar Heal and wore my Carolina shirt with pride but Duke was amazing.