“Top University Course in RTP”

Duke University Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Robert Trent Jones, this eighteen-hole, par 72 championship golf course features directional bunkering, visible hazards and accessible target greens.
Reviewed 26 June 2017

If you have a chance to play the course at Duke Univ. compared to UNC or NC State (even though that one pains me to say it), I would suggest taking the trip over the the Washington Duke course. This is an old style course with several slight dogleg, single bunker holes that are in excellent conditions with great greens. We played today in just under four hours and could have been done much quicker if we wanted to keep pace quicker. The dining, staff & facilities are all around excellent. I would put Lonnie Poole as a second on the list of the 3 with Finley coming in last.

All reviews
"inconsistent"
"players"
"game"

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Friends and I went here in March. The trees were all still barren but the course was in great shape, especially the greens. Show up early as each round comes with free range balls for practice.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

A Robert Trent Jones course is a fun challenge. Course conditions were good for early spring. Champion Bermuda greens are the best I've played. Elevation changes, bunkers and enough water to keep you focused on every hole.
Surprisingly affordable compared to other top quality courses in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Played with 7 friends during a Duke home game. Found the course in good shape, was a great layout and the greens very good. Since I had no Duke affiliation, thought the $120 price maybe steep. But probably would come back, but on a drier day. Had cart path only. Staff inside and out were great though.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2016

I may be biased because I am a Dukie, but this is a great track. Just an all around fantastic course. While I agree with some of the other reviews that you really do need to hit straight on this course, I would disagree that a high handicapper can't have fun here. I am not a great golfer but I enjoyed playing here. Lots of elevation changes and really well designed for a public course. My only qualm would be that it is not inexpensive and a bottle of water in the cart would be a nice touch.