US$125
Aloft.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$209
US$149
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$155
All reviewsfree beer winesimple hotelon tuesdaysrtp areafridge and microwavefront deskovernight visitnext morningroom was cleaneasy accessdecent breakfastwithin milesfree breakfastlate at nightwater pressurebreakfast staffminute drive
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I booked this room through my IHG App, and it didn't tell me it was under renovation at the time. Normally, I hate that. But, the staff was excellent, and very helpful. Once I got to the floor on which my room was located, you could no longer tell that you were in a hotel that was also a construction project. I was there on a Sat night --> Sun morning so there was no active construction going on while we were there. The manager said they're adding a pool as part of the renovation so there's that to look forward to. My family and I visit RTP several times a year, and we'll definitely stay here a gain once the construction is done.

Room Tip: There are double train tracks running behind the hotel. I would recommend a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that the IHG app did not notify you of our reno. Thank you for letting us know so that we can look into it. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Regards,
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park

Reviewed 19 June 2016

They're methodically renovating this HIX, but doing so in a manner that doesn't really impact guests negatively. I had a newly renovated room - modern, big flat screen, excellent bathroom (for a HIX). You can't ignore the construction, but it really doesn't intrude (assuming you're not holding a meeting there - or you don't have a passel of small children to corral. Typical HIX breakfast, courteous service. And they really are trying to make the best of an awkward situation. And the rate is a real value for the area (don't know if those rates will hold once the renovation is completed). I'd go back next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a bluff above the road - and just off the highway. Get an upper floor if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank you Jim for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We love to hear that our efforts to keep the impact of our renovations on our guests to a minimum are appreciated. We look forward to the next time we see you!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Arrived to find exterior and front desk area under construction. OK, but not so much as an "excuse our mess". I'm sure it's only temporary.

Room was good, a little spartan but spacious and lots of plug-ins which was nice. Bed was comfortable. There was a surprising amount of road noise despite being on the side away from Miami Ave.

Breakfast had a decent number of options, none of them particularly great. The bagels were stale, the eggs rubbery, but at least it was there.

On my last evening I arrived back at the hotel around midnight to find a group of (friendly) college kids gathered around the construction entrance laughing loudly and throwing beer cans at each other. As I passed the front desk I mentioned it to the clerk, who promptly denied it and rudely demanded my room number. I guess she needed to keep a note of who was the real troublemaker.

On checkout I had to ask twice for a folio, then when I get home, I find my credit card doublecharged, which the front desk again denies. Sigh.

For just a little more I would stay at another nearby hotel that seems interested in making guests welcome instead of just being in denial.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. While we are happy that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, we apologize that the rest of you stay fell below expectations. We regret that manner in which our front desk clerk handled your complaint, as we ask do ask our guests for their room numbers so that we can correctly complete our log book as to who filed the complaint. We appreciate your feedback on the matter so that we may provide our staff with some additional training on our guest complaint procedures. As for your billing issues, our General Manager Joyce Bealer would like for you to reach out to her directly at 919-474-9800 so that she can ensure that you were correctly billed. Sometimes the holds that are placed on your credit card can appear as a charge though they are removed by the credit card company within a few days time. Again, Joyce can work with your CC company to ensure that the billing is correct. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit our area, as we are sure you will have an improved stay.
Regards,
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I work in durham, but live 50 mins away, when i have things for my job that require me to stay late, i normally stay here. While i have always had a good experience, even with renovations being done, the stay was wonderful. Had a king room that was absolutely beautiful! Spacious with all the sleek updates to the furniture. Staff is and has always been exceptional no matter the times i have stayed.

Room Tip: i always enjoy a higher floor, although they only have 4 and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Thank you for the five star rating of our hotel! We love to hear that you are enjoying our beautiful newly renovated hotel. We are happy to hear that we offered you amazing service during all you past stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights, as we had my daughter's Graduation to attend. It has recently been renovated, actually they were still working on it while we were there. It's in a great location, about 8 minutes from the RDU airport. They offer a free breakfast, and shuttle to and from airport which was very convenient. My thanks to Tamika at the front desk for being so accomadating. I used the gym both mornings, and the business center. Great hotel, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
E C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor! We love to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel, and our great shuttle service to RDU. We hope you enjoyed graduation, and we wish you safe travels!