See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2016

I've stayed at this property quite a few times. It's convenient to the interstates and in a nice setting. The staff here has always been friendly and helpful and working hard to keep the hotel going despite their own realization the property desperately needed a facelift. Well the renovation is underway and the property will no doubt be spectacular when complete. For now though one is dealing with the inconveniences of construction. So visitors for the next few months should know that.

1  Thank Duchessw4971
David S, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Duchessw:

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Millennium Durham.
I agree with you, the staff is friendly and helpful, despite the challenges they encountered with a hotel being renovated.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Was in town overnight and stayed here based upon someone's recommendation. It was great. Room was spacious. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Was close to what we needed. Would stay here again.

Dear Jeffrey:

Thank you for the excellent review on our Millennium Durham.
The team and I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and for sharing your excellent experiences with us and the trip advisor community.

Your business is very much appreciate Jeffrey.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

This hotel was once the go-to for hosting guests at Duke. No more. The clerk at the hotel desk was rude and the amenities were alternately broken (i.e. the heat/ac) &/or straight out of the late 80's.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the room type you request, inspect the room before unpacking and make sure there is no odor and everything works before you unpack. Despite the brand name, this is a budget hotel until they renovate.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
3  Thank Spectropolis

Dear Spectropolis:

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our
Millennium Durham.
On behalf of our associates whom provide excellent experiences to our guests, my sincere apologies that we fail in providing you an excellent experince

The areas of opportunities in your review, are being shared with our Management team for immediate correction. Please be assured that we will make any changes necessary to provide a more excellent experience for our guests.

Thank you for your business and have an excellent day.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Octavia, Judy and Ratechia.
These are the lovely women at the front desk who made this stay worthwhile. They were kind, gracious and helpful for the entire 2 weeks that I stayed. Thank you ladies!!
The hotel itself is under renovation so I hope it will someday be the wonderful property that it could be. The bar and lounge area are quite nice and the staff there, and at the restaurant, are very kind too.
The room I had was large but definitely tired and in need of a major face lift.
I will say the internet was blazingly fast. I tested it at over 50MBps. Even upload speeds were well into the 30MBps range. Perhaps that because not many people were using it, but nonetheless, it was great.
The "fitness center" is terrible. Consists of 2 treadmills (one of them broken) and a stair-stepper. Tiny room. No weights or benches or pull-up bars. Terrible.
There is a coin-op laundry room, but it's in a totally unmarked little disgusting room and one of the two machines was broken. Unacceptable.
I didn't swim, but the pool area looked ok. Also in need of a major face lift though.
There is a courtyard in the middle that is completely empty and a total waste of space and opportunity. It's a bit of an eyesore actually. I can only hope that part of the renovation will be to utilize it.
So in conclusion, it's a bit sad and tired but has good bones and hopefully a bright future. The best thing going for it is the staff. Keep them and continue renovations, and perhaps it will be full again some day and people will be complaining only about too many people slowing down the internet.

Room Tip: Away from the construction
3  Thank Edward W

Dear Edward W:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Millennium Durham.
We appreciate your business and are presently working on the areas of opportunity that you shared with us in your review.

Your business is very much appreciated Edward W.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Has the potential to be a beautiful hotel from the minute you walk in the front the staff is extremely welcoming. The front lobby the pool the restaurant and the bar all immaculate. However I was given room 250 in the back of the hotel there is construction going on they are completely remodeling the rumpus and I'm sure that it will be back to a beautiful state when it's done however this back area I've seen better days the elevator is slow and has fingerprints all over it and very dirty. If you walk down the hall Lucy scuff marks all over the wall. Once you get in the room you'll see the quality of the hotel the beds are extremely comfortable flat screen TV plenty of towels and very clean.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Chad R

Dear Chad:

The team and I at Millennium Durham, appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your recent stay.
My sincere apologies that your stay was not as excellent as it should have been, and I am sharing the areas of opportunity with our Management team for immediate correction.

We very much appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand and look forward to your return.