“Pleasant surprise!”

Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Stayed overnight when attending a concert recently. Was being cost conscious and the price was right. I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before and really did not know what to expect. Outside corridors at this location concerned me but proved to be a non-issue. The room was very nice. The bed quite comfortable. The room and the bath were both spotless. The front desk staff was helpful and attentive. Very happy with the experience!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 August 2017

An easy place to get to with access just off the main road, nothing special but it did the job for a night. The staff where friendly and helpful and the room was clean and tidy with essentials such as soap and towels provided.

Room Tip: If you have the option choose a room at the back of the hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Very nice, quiet, reasonable price for being so close to Raleigh. Tasia greeted us at the front desk and was as sweet as could be. She gave great service and was polite and professional at all times. I will stay here again when I come down to visit my grandson.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a reasonable priced, quiet place with good service, this is the place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I called Red Roof this morning with an out of the box check in request. To my surprise, Phyllis seemed genuinely happy to find away. She told me she was checking out a guest and could she call me back. Here's the surprise... She did! And set out on finding away to solve my problem. I was willing to except a "we don't do that". All in all better service than I've gotten in 4 star hotels! And the room was clean, comfortable and a value.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank F6157KNdank
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hello F6157KNdank,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with Phylliss and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This motel is older and bare bones--no breakfast, pool, etc. But the rooms have been redone and are very comfortable. My room had one king bed with a desk area and bathroom plus microwave, refrigerator, and flat-screen TV. The room has the old-style airconditiong/heating unit on the wall but you could set the thermostat and mine worked well. The room was very clean and quiet. They are also pet friendly with a dog area outside. The motel is located right off I85; there is a McDonalds next door and a small shopping center with grocery store down the road. It is about 10 minutes from Duke campus and medical center. It is built right by the highway so if you are afraid of highway noise ask for a room near the Northpointe road end. Mine was right by the highway but it was well sound proofed and I did not notice the noise. There were some travelers, some workers from a utility company and traveling sales people staying there. I recommend this if you need an affordable, clean and comfortable place to stay for a night and are okay not having all the bells and whistles of a more expensive place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo