“Dependably Excellen”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 28 October 2017

My wife and I have stayed here the last four or five times I've been seen by my cardiologist at the Duke Clinic that's nearby and it's not because we're in a rut. We have never been disappointed in any aspect of any of our visits, so when we're in this area, this is our hotel of choice.

The service is outstanding in every respect, front desk, maid service, and I'm sure the small dining area that is part of the lobby, although we've never eaten there. They are so accommodating regardless of your request. My appointment with the doctor was changed from late morning to 3:00 PM this visit so at the last moment I requested a late checkout time and they gladly moved ours back to 2:00 PM, which was a huge help.
We like everything about this place, location (tons of shops and restaurants very close by), rates, service, atmosphere (peaceful and quiet), spaceful rooms, baths, furnishings, cleanliness, everything.
We plan to see you next visit.

Room Tip: We prefer the higher floors to ensure quietness.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Branden P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Tarheelbiggy,

Reading your comments is quite rewarding. Thank you for taking the time to provide these details. Our staff works every day to ensure each guest feels at home and has expectations that are not only met, but exceeded. To hear that we accomplished that for you brings me much delight. Thank you

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We stayed at this property for a recent family reunion. The location is excellent with plenty of dining and shopping within walking distance. Our room was nice and overall very clean and comfortable. All staff members that we dealt with were friendly and helpful. When leaving the hotel for the day we put the Do Not Disturb sign up as there were work documents out and didn't want the cleaning staff to have to work around them. When we returned that evening we were surprised to find that the staff had left fresh towels in a bag at our door which was a lovely gesture. There is a Ruth's Chris Steak House connected to the inn and we definitely made use of it. While sitting in the lovely courtyard between the hotel and restaurant we were delighted to be able to order cocktails from the Ruth's Chris bar. We did not visit the breakfast area in the lobby but it looks very nice. Cocktails are also available in the lobby during the evening. We would definitely recommend this property as a nice place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear mmh421,

We are proud to know that you enjoyed our convenient location in near the RTP area, friendly helpful staff, and great amenities. It would be our pleasure if, next time you are in town, you stayed with us again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Stayed here for business but great for shopping too. Very warm pleasant staff and comfortable spotless rooms with working appliances. Excellent food in the little restaurant and breakfast made to order. Wonderful outdoor lounge area with gas firepits.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed in room 601 last night. When running on AC, the HVAC unit will make a loud grinding noise that starts off low and then quickly rises to a crescendo that makes it impossible to sleep. So you have two choices, remain awake all night or turn the unit off. Unfortunately, neither option allows for your guest to get any sleep. At $160 a night, this is totally unacceptable. There is no way that others have not complained about this problem, yet management doesn't fix the problem. Why? I would have said something before leaving today but it was 4:30 am and the front desk person was in the back and I had to rush to catch a flight.

Also, the sink in the room doesn't drain because the stopper control doesn't work. How does housekeeping clean the sink when the water doesn't drain and not notify maintenance?

This appears to be a brand new property so it is mind-boggling that these problems exist. It is also unfortunate since I had the best customer service I've had at a Hilton property in a very long time from the gentleman managing the bar and restaurant service. It was just after the restaurant would normally close that I arrived, but he cheerfully kept it open to make sure I didn't have to leave the property at 10 pm to find food, after 14 hours on the road, and so that I could watch the 1st game of the World Series. The food was excellent. What a great finish to a really long day!

It was an experience in extremes for the short time I was your guest. At least I got to sleep on the plane.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 601.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Adrian B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please contact me direct at the email or phone number below if there is anything else we can do for you at this time. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Adrian Bascom
AGM
Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint

Reviewed 23 October 2017

From the moment I walked into the Hilton Garden Inn after a very long, frustrating business travel, I was made to feel welcome, cared for and special. I will never stay anywhere else while in the RTP, NC area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn