“More-than-acceptable shopping mall pho”
Review of Pholicious

Pholicious
Ranked #318 of 819 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I'm accustomed to the terrific pho dished up by Viet Ai in East Hanover, NJ, so I was skeptical about this. But it was late and I wanted a light dinner and I figured at worst it'll be noodle soup. For $6.99, it's a large bowl of beef broth only slightly redolent of the spices one associates with pho -- but it's close enough. More beef than you get at many other Vietnamese restaurants. A bit skimpy on the bean sprouts and cilantro substitutes for the basil one expects, but really quite good for the money.

1  Thank JaHealsMySoul

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I have been craving pho and could not find a good one in richmond va. Finally this establishment opened in the mall. I was skeptical at first but tried it. It was so good. I got the beef pho and blue Hawaiian smoothie. Smoothie was a creamy milky tast of cotton candy. I enjoyed it. I ordered reg size bowl of pho for about $5. Good price for the size. It was a big bowl. I was stuffed.

1  Thank Anna T
Reviewed 21 June 2015

We had read that this chain opened in the Streets at Southpoint mall food court but it took us a while to find, since it's not against the wall with other food court restaurants. It's a freestanding stand across the seating area. It's not bad for what it is. Broth was decent but not outstanding and portion size was good, and we didn't get the usual full complement of bean sprouts, basil, etc. I also ordered the Vietnamese coffee but didn't realize it was a bubble tea with tapioca pearls. Coffee drink was okay but I'm not a fan of tapioca. We asked for a lid for my wife's unfinished chicken pho and they were happy to comply. We usually don't eat at this food court (preferring the sit-down restaurants) but if we had to eat in the food court, this would probably be our preferred option.

1  Thank TarHeel
Reviewed 18 June 2015

OK, I really should have known better. I mean, how often do you get great food in a food court ?

As noodle soup goes, it was OK. As Pho goes it's a poor imitation. Stock tasted like packet mix which was overly seasoned to try and compensate for what should be a wonderfully complex yet light stock in a good Pho soup.

Not enough choices of meat and what meat was included was not tender as it should be.

I also has some shrimp summer rolls that had salad inside which was about 1 hour from going brown !

Overall, if you want a quick bowl of noodle soup, OK, but anyone familiar with Vietnamese Pho will be disappointed.

1  Thank BritBoyInFL
Reviewed 29 March 2015

This is a "small" stand in the food court at Streets at Southpoint mall. It offers a nice selection of tasty Pho noodle soup along with some dessert on the menu. The flavors are pretty strong and pretty good Vietnamese food, especially for "fast food". I like Asian foods to begin with and this is a nice compliment to the other selections in the food court. The service is fairly quick and friendly. The prices are a bit on the high side but not out of line. This is worth a try, especially if you like Asian inspired food.

It is ironic that with the departure of Five Guys, you can't get a hamburger in this food court anymore.

1  Thank viperflt

Been to Pholicious? Share your experiences!