“Good Soup”

Pholicious
Ranked #306 of 855 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Good Asian food in the middle of North Carolina is hard to come by but Pholicious does a pretty good job. It's foodcourt fast food but it satisfies.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

had the pho chicken and shrimp. the soup was ok with lot of fresh vegetables. but the chicken had no taste at all. pieces were too big and rubber-y. also had green nagasaki tea - loved it. and the red bean. great flavors. will definitely try other flavors when I am around again.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Was intrigued to find a pho shop in a mall food court. Unfortunately, I ended up disappointed.

I ordered the basic beef pho. The broth for this pho had none of the depth of flavor that I expect in this dish. If there was much 5 spice powder in the broth, it was well hidden. The thin beef was pretty tasteless and I ran into a few pieces that had gristle.

If your shop is only doing pho and udon noodle soup, you had better be sure that the flavors attract the customers. I doubt that I would try it again since there are better options in the food court

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I'm accustomed to the terrific pho dished up by Viet Ai in East Hanover, NJ, so I was skeptical about this. But it was late and I wanted a light dinner and I figured at worst it'll be noodle soup. For $6.99, it's a large bowl of beef broth only slightly redolent of the spices one associates with pho -- but it's close enough. More beef than you get at many other Vietnamese restaurants. A bit skimpy on the bean sprouts and cilantro substitutes for the basil one expects, but really quite good for the money.

1  Thank Jill C
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I have been craving pho and could not find a good one in richmond va. Finally this establishment opened in the mall. I was skeptical at first but tried it. It was so good. I got the beef pho and blue Hawaiian smoothie. Smoothie was a creamy milky tast of cotton candy. I enjoyed it. I ordered reg size bowl of pho for about $5. Good price for the size. It was a big bowl. I was stuffed.

1  Thank H4488XHannat