“Lots of options”

Ranked #137 of 807 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Great pizza place with lots of flavor combinations and gluten free crust. They had quite the offering of appetizers, calzones, and pizzas. My only complaint is that gluten free is $3 extra for crust, though I am fully aware this is standard practice no matter where you go. The GF crust was tasty, not too gummy and was flavorful. I will definitely go back to try some different topping combinations, but the Whitey White was delicious!

1  Thank Kimberly F

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Great place for quick and tasty pizza.

I have dietary restrictions, so finding a consumable pizza is not always easy. For some reason, some places include eggs or dairy in the dough. Here, however, the dough is vegan. I had the Rocco's Roasted Veggie with no cheese and heartily enjoyed it.

My family had the Witness Protection pizza (Hawaiian; not vegan!) and also enjoyed their pie.

Will return next time I'm in town.

1  Thank jel172
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We ate out on the patio on a perfect fall day. The subs, salads and calzones were fresh, hot, and delicious. Our server Jake was friendly and welcoming

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I ate here with my brother a year ago. Service was good. Pizza was fresh. Parking is easy. Great for a bite to eat before or after shopping.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

My husband and I visited Tomato Jakes for the first time three years ago. We have been hooked ever since! The food fantastic, well priced and we have even gotten to know the owner. We enjoy our trip every time we go. Glenn (owner) always makes it a point to chat with us and see how life is. He even hosted our rehearsal dinner for our wedding!

1  Thank Megan Y