“My favorite lunch!”

Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken
Ranked #138 of 792 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite lunch. I normally get 1/4 dark, but sometimes eat 1/2 chicken. My favorite sides are sweet plantains and rice topped with beans. They have Spicy green sauce I love, but don't know what it is. I eat there a lot and have no plans to stop. I even bought one of their tshirts.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I've never been here that the food was not excellent! Try it out! They have a couple of tables for outdoor dining.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Got attracted to the name and charcoal chicken. However was disappointed when I tasted the chicken. It tastes like rotisserie chicken. Personally, I didn't taste that charcoal feeling, not at all.
I also advise, they upgrade because not neat and appealing.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I've been here 3 times and I have never been disappointed. The chicken is tender, juicy, and flavorful. The rice is seasoned perfectly and I love the Fried Yuuca. I tried the Chicken Saltado and it was just as good as the rotisserie chicken. I think this Alpaca is the best because the yellow and green sauces taste slightly better then the other site in Durham. Try the Chi Cha Morada, purple corn juice sooo good. My other favorite drink is Inca Kola. Love this place.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Looking for a wide variety of flavors - here is the place to go. Plus the chicken is moist, not dry - had it as a take out - will do again.