“Poor customer service.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am a diamond Hilton member, and have stayed at this hotel in the past. I came down with the flu the night before I was supposed to check-in. I called to apologize and let them know when i would be checking in. I asked if they would forgive the night missed (Delta was very accommodating). They said no, and I was charged for the night I missed. Also, the manager during check-in was extremely rude. Will not return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anthony L, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am very sorry about your experience. We were changing all reservations for your group of rooms for those who called to let us know that they weren't able to make it for the day of arrival.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Just spent a week here for a business meeting with my local office. Hotel location is convenient to the Meridian business Park and there's a Starbucks less than a mile away. The hotel is pretty dated and the rooms show it. My first floor room had numerous signs of band-aid facelifts, from spackled holes in the wall, painted over damage on the bathroom door and weird plumbing issues with my bathroom sink which had trouble draining and made air bubble sounds most of the night. My room was spacious and the furniture and bed were in great shape and comfy. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make your stay nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Doubletree Suites. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and will use your comments to make improvements to our facility and the operation of the hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be "very friendly" and our location convenient to your office in Meridian Corporate Center. We invite you to join us again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Liked having the lake view. Only stayed for one night. Nice spacious suite. Staff was really friendly. Check-in was smooth and quick. My husband said the cookies were good. Wish they had a nut-free cookie since I have nut allergies. Breakfast buffet was ok, not outstanding, but staff in the restaurant were very friendly.

Room Tip: Like having a lake view. Very quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Suites. Our lake view rooms really do provide quite an amazing view, especially at sunset! We are so pleased to inform you that we now do have nut free chocolate chip cookies for those with food allergies such as yours! We hope that you will return soon to give them a try!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I reserved two nights at this hotel for New Years mainly for it’s beautiful, king suite balcony lake view and it was impressive. Hotel was lovely, still beautifully decorated for Christmas. In house restaurant and bar, outdoor and in door pool & hot tub, gym facilities, small business center, out & in door banquet spaces, concierge, small convenience mart, vending/ice on each floor, in room coffee, mini fridge, microwave and luxe towels and toiletries. Big, clean room with separate sitting area, super comfy king bed, and contemporary decor . Our reservation came with free breakfast buffet, regularly $13 was my okay at best, lots of cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, hot options, juice and coffee selection but just average. Hostess sort of put us off by reminding us her tip was not included! Since we served our selves and refilling our drinks, what tip?? Also staff could take a refresher course in hospitality and customer service. Clerks were a bit rude and generally unhelpful. In my package I could add in some things and I I asked for two extra pillows and dozen chocolate covered strawberries only to find out, they didn’t know what I was talking about, they had no strawberries despite my email confirmation. We had a nice time, view was beautiful and room comfortable but service was lack lustre and for not “ budget” prices, I expected a little more

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. While it sounds as if you enjoyed most of your stay, we do apologize that it was not totally perfect. We have shared your review with all of our restaurant service staff, and they completely understand our policy on commenting on gratuities. We have also spoken with our front desk associates about the importance of providing 5 star service at all times. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Gota love those chocolate chip cookies you get when you check in. The best. Front desk was great to deal with. Room was fine and the separate sleeping quarters was a plus. The beds and pillows were comfortable as well. This makes twice I've stay there and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the famous Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Thank you for your complimentary review, and we especially appreciate your 5 star rating. Most importantly, we appreciate your loyalty, and are delighted to hear that you plan on returning again...we look forward to seeing you then!