US$107
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$101
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$123
US$110
  • Restaurant
US$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$129
US$116
GardenInn.com
US$79
US$69
US$155
Arrowhead Inn(Durham)
All reviewschapel hillredroof innlarge trucksroom was cleanfront desk clerkflat screenwould stay here againuncbryantpillowsinterstate
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I wish I would have thrown in the extra $ and went for a place where I could feel secure. As a female traveling alone, I just did not feel safe. The staff were very nice, so this is in no way a reflection of them. Everyone was kind and helpful. But when you book a cheap hotel, you get what you pay for. When I arrived, my door would not open. I asked a housekeeper for assistance. She showed me that the door was broken and I had to insert the key while pushing up on the door to get in. This wasn't so bad during the day, but fumbling with this at night (when I just wanted to get in quickly and safely) was frustrating/scary. The elevator made noises that sounded like it was about to just fall apart at any minute. As a female traveling alone, I just felt very unsafe. I was at a concert and came back to the room at almost midnight. When I arrived, there were police in the lot with lights going off. As I got out of my car, I heard commotion. I looked up to see two men and a woman arguing on the balcony, with the woman pushed against the railing. This was the floor I had to go to, right down from my room. I was nervous and not sure what to do, but then they saw me and kind of shoved her into the room. I wasn't sure what was going on and was afraid to alert staff because, being alone, I didn't want to end up as a target myself! I got to my room and had to fumble with the dang key. It was unnerving. After this, I googled it to learn a murder took place at this hotel last year!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Nic M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Alicia,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. It is comforting to know you found our staff accommodating to your needs, unfortunate you felt our location was unsafe. Red Roof prides itself on making all guest feel welcome and comfortable. Our location does have security on site, and we have our guest's safety and security always in mind. I will look into the elevator issue you found, however it has been functioning properly neither myself nor my staff have noticed the noise you described. Again thank you for sharing your thoughts I hope you choose Red Roof Inn on your next vacation or trip.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I sent my Son here after being rudely treated at the Motel 6 down the road. The person answering the phone was pleasant and respectful - My Son said the rooms were nice - a wonderful contrast to what he experienced down the road.

Room Tip: Good folks running the place - Nice stay
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DAriel9001
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I thoroughly enjoy my time spent at this location. Carla is excellent and she has a great smile. She knows me by name every time I return to this location. She often has my paperwork and keys ready. She is on point with her duties. Great place to spend overnight with, very clean and affordable.

Room Tip: Superior King rooms are the best value. Excellent size room!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We try to book something decent and reasonably priced as close as we can to UNC when we visit our daughter. This day was the day of the UNC vs Duke game and it’s crazy to think you will find a good place for less than $125! I booked through Booking.com and when we arrived, I was less than impressed with the exterior, but we were tired, it was late and all was booked up. Entered the office to an extremely pleasant desk clerk. We went up to our room, opened the door into OMG!!! We had a King suite complete with a full executive desk area, full vanity, very nice King bed, very clean and nice smelling... full bath... ALL the things you expect from a super nice hotel! Someone had said” no shampoo, no blow dryer “ bull crap!!! This was as good as the Hilton ( on the inside) it’s less than a mile from our daughter’s dorm so you can believe we will be back and they have a reward program sooo oh! And my hubby is Latino and this is the very first place including extremely high end places in Myrtle Beach that offered Spanish channels!!! I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

My wife and i checked in late after driving all day from Savannah, GA, thank the lord they had rooms left. Everyone else seem to be full or just over priced for their rooms to me. I think the guy behind the desk said there was a college game or something. Anyways, when we got to the hotel this guy rushed passed us to get to the guy at the desk. When we got inside all you can hear was the man yelling at the guy behind the desk about having to wait for him to find a plunger. I mean this guy was angry and very red(LOL), i was amazed the man behind the desk didn't snap at the guy for yelling like he was. After all that yelling the man stormed out of the office telling the man to bring it to his room asap. Now this is where i have to give the man behind the desk his credit, with all the disrespect this person was yelling at him not once did he lose it. I mean wow, im passive myself but i know for a fact the man wouldn't have said those things to me and i'd be that calm. Even while checking us in the man behind the desk was able to joke with us and show us our room before we rented it. I'm giving you a shout out Laurence like i told you i would. We slept like babies and were satisfied with the room. After all, its not like we paid Sheraton prices and got motel 6 service(LOL). I will be returning the next time im in the area.

The point of my review is to hopefully get people to start respecting each other like Laurence who deserved way better treatment than he received from that poop monster(LOL)

Room Tip: if your looking for space go with the best king room they have with microwave and fridge. Better then most studio apartments and my area.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple