“So very disappointed”

Cypress Creek Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I recently dropped into Cypress Creek to place a to go order. With a cold, I wanted some soup and salad. I ordered their soup of the day, a Vegetable Beef. It came in a styrofoam cup for an 8 ounce portion. The beef had little flavor and was not tender. Overall, it was oily and very ho-hum.

The wedge salad is hard to screw up. Alas, it was awful. There was a standard wedge of iceberg lettuce with a dressing cup (more on that later), an hidden underneath two small red onion rings, about one tablespoon of chopped tomatoes, and ONE tablespoon of cut up, not crispy bacon. It was supposed to be served with the restaurant’s signature Walnut dressing...and instead, I got what tasted remarkably like tartar sauce. In short, this meal was a disaster. I ate there dine in several weeks ago and thought the quality had slipped, but this fell way outside of quality. This will be a last meal from Cypress Grill.

1  Thank Sablier

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Stopped in on a Tuesday night and found the place was busy. Seated right away.
My wife had the Petite scallops and I the Jalapeno Chicken.
Our server was attentive, polite, but not annoying. I will be back.
It is a cute place, almost hidden, across from the Elizabeth City waterfront.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

4 of us had dinner Friday night. Not a fancy place. Didn’t know what to expect. Saw regular menu, which was varied, but daily specials told us this was going to be special. Not disappointed. Food for all of use was great. Really good combination of flavors. Only suggestion. Get a bigger sign in a different color. Has to find in dark. If I lived here I would be here often.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Husband & I stopped in for dinner while on an overnight. Very clean, friendly atmosphere! I had a wonderful scallop salad! Many scallops, not too big or too small! Hubby had brisket & garlic mashed. He tends to be a fussy eater but brisket was a bit dry. It was still a delightful evening!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We had a stay over in Elizabeth City in route to Chesapeake. Went to the Cypress Creek Grille just to try something different, and we were very impressed. The area is nice and historic...across the street from a nice riverside park with plenty of evening parking. Inside the restaurant is very simple... more of a cafe feel than a fine dining feel...fine with us.
The menu was wonderful, with lots of variation and even petit portions of the popular dishes at dinner. Our server was very friendly and the perfect mix of attentive enough without being overbearing. The prices were reasonable and very one loved the flavors. It’s definitely worth a try if you’re in Elizabeth City.