“Delicious!”

Cypress Creek Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018

If you want great food, exceptional specials, fabulous service and a beautiful view of the Pasquotank River, make dining at the Cypress Creek Grill a "destination". From seafood to sumptuous "petite" entrees to preserve that incredible figures, they have it! Great job Cypress Creek!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Sam took excellent care of my dinner tonight. I had just driven 2.5 hours from Swansboro over here .
I started with a Bowl of piping hot delicious clam chowder full of ham, clams and a whole lot more. Oyster Crackers were fresh and topped it off. The tossed salad was big and fresh with tomatoes, Cucumbers, Lettuce and home made blue cheese dressing. Then I had the fresh flaky Rock Fish which was very lightly breaded with home made tartar and aioli sauce.
I can’t wait to come back again.
Very reasonable pricing as well.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Lunched at the Cypress Creek Grill for a relaxed business meeting. The clam chowder was tasty and had just the right mix of potatoes and clam. I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Arrived at 5pm on a Saturday and there were already people waiting at the door. By 6pm, the place was packed, every table was filled including the bar and the hi-tops at the bar, plus there was a group of people waiting at the door. I'm not surprised. The food, service and atmosphere are all that good.

Rachel was our server and she was quite professional. Helped me choose dishes to accommodate my dairy allergy. She was personable and efficient, she knew the menu and explained how some of the dishes were cooked.

- Clam chowder Hatteras style - a cup is a great starter, delicious, hot, nice amount of clams, great broth flavor
- Seared ahi tuna over seaweed salad - big portion enough for two to share, generous amount of tuna slices drizzled with sriracha, delicious!
- Duck confit salad with chorizo cakes and crispy onions - this was an appetizer special I ordered as takeout and ate it later. It was absolutely one of the best things I've ever eaten!
- Grilled shrimp and fried catfish, jasmine rice - Large shrimp cooked perfectly, catfish filet has a light dusting of flour breading and pan fried, large portion, delicious!
- Grilled shrimp and jasmine rice- Large shrimp and generous portion, cooked perfectly
- Coconut cake - Rachel our server told us it was baked in-house, hubs thoroughly enjoyed it.

We were only staying the night this time but we're so glad we stopped here for dinner. If you get a chance, check this place out. In addition to their regular menu, they also have specials that are worth trying. I would definitely return again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I recently dropped into Cypress Creek to place a to go order. With a cold, I wanted some soup and salad. I ordered their soup of the day, a Vegetable Beef. It came in a styrofoam cup for an 8 ounce portion. The beef had little flavor and was not tender. Overall, it was oily and very ho-hum.

The wedge salad is hard to screw up. Alas, it was awful. There was a standard wedge of iceberg lettuce with a dressing cup (more on that later), an hidden underneath two small red onion rings, about one tablespoon of chopped tomatoes, and ONE tablespoon of cut up, not crispy bacon. It was supposed to be served with the restaurant’s signature Walnut dressing...and instead, I got what tasted remarkably like tartar sauce. In short, this meal was a disaster. I ate there dine in several weeks ago and thought the quality had slipped, but this fell way outside of quality. This will be a last meal from Cypress Grill.

1  Thank Sablier