We are Marriott loyalist, so perhaps that brings a bias. Yet we also stayed at the #1 TripAdvisor rated hotel in Elizabeth City the night prior, and we view this property as superior.
- Taking good COVID precautions. Plexiglass and masks at check in.
- Very clean. We look at things like bathroom grout to gage how deep cleaning is; much better than most at this hotel.
- A better grab and go breakfast. While well short of a normal Fairfield breakfast, at least there was microwavable hot breakfast sandwiches.
- As platinum elite, we appreciated the upgraded room without asking for it.
- Usual Fairfield freebies: parking, wifi, breakfast.
Other notes :
- Like the rest of the hospitality industry, the hotel struggles with mask enforcement with guests. It's a tough situation. Hotel staff was very good about wearing masks. In our two days, E. City did not seem like a region embracing masks. That said, overall compliance here was better than the other place we stayed.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking