Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$109
Fairfield InnUS$104
Hotels.comUS$104
Agoda.comUS$104
HurbUS$109
All reviews front desk within walking distance in town yogurt ihop whirlpool
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2021

I have to say our experience here was NOT GOOD! I am probably the most positive reviewer of places I stay at, but our stay here did not start off good! The first thing I noticed in checking in is that there we some employees walking around that did NOT have Mask on! In this COVID season that is important to me in where I am staying! Also, the prices were WAY high due to it being packed in town due to a softball tournament in town, that is OK, with them raising the prices a bit. We choose to stay here in the midst of it.. In checking in, we asked if we could upgrade one room that just became available and the guys was nice enough to do so, but that is when the craziness started..LOL. He basically made a mistake and moved the wrong room we ask to be moved or upgraded. Sooo, they thought the room I stayed in was vacant. The very next morning the cleaning lady walked in the room without knocking and had a nice look at me sitting in my night clothes at my computer..(LOL) after looking, she said OHHHH LORD I am sorry, and backed out of the room...LOL They tried to tell me that I did not pay for the room.. Safe to say after alot of trial and error, we were overcharged by ALOT and the room situation was way worse in their errors. Also in the midst of all that, there was a coo BIGl Racoon that was be by the trash that would run when I would go out the side door..LOL I could go on, but our experience here was not the best and the communication to get our issue resolved was not the best! Still trying to get our bill resolved because in leaving they swiped both of our cards twice, because they got it mixed up with both our rooms...:/ Not Cool! I always point out the positive, when the Hotel Manager finally got back to us to speak to my wife, she did do her best to make things right in resolving, so I am grateful for that. Still working on it, at this point I feel like I should be getting a free room!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

In the age of Covid, one expects a brand owned by Marriott to be on top of cleanliness.

Not so. Urine on the toilet is a clear sign that this hotel doesn't clean appropriately and deserves an automatic low rating.

If you value your health during a global pandemic, this isn't the place to stay if you must travel.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mjvMD
Reviewed 28 October 2020

We are Marriott loyalist, so perhaps that brings a bias. Yet we also stayed at the #1 TripAdvisor rated hotel in Elizabeth City the night prior, and we view this property as superior.

Pro's:
- Taking good COVID precautions. Plexiglass and masks at check in.
- Very clean. We look at things like bathroom grout to gage how deep cleaning is; much better than most at this hotel.
- A better grab and go breakfast. While well short of a normal Fairfield breakfast, at least there was microwavable hot breakfast sandwiches.
- As platinum elite, we appreciated the upgraded room without asking for it.
- Usual Fairfield freebies: parking, wifi, breakfast.

Other notes :
- Like the rest of the hospitality industry, the hotel struggles with mask enforcement with guests. It's a tough situation. Hotel staff was very good about wearing masks. In our two days, E. City did not seem like a region embracing masks. That said, overall compliance here was better than the other place we stayed.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FJVLS
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

We usually stay at another hotel when in this area, however we thought we would try this Fairfield. Upon check in , the gentleman was polite and courteous. When we arrived to our room , that was another story. The carpet had food crumbs from previous guest and the bed pillows had makeup and hair on them.Thankfully I brought my own pillow. The walls are extremely thin . There were only two small alcohol wipes in the room to wipe things down, once again I brought my own thankfully. The breakfast was prepackaged muffins and pastry, which is understandable given the situation right now.
The area seemed ok, however I did not feel safe outside alone at dark going to my car.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel to visit a relative and immediately loved how clean the room was upon check in. The lobby is immaculate even with the added fiberglass shield protection to staff on counter due to COVID-19. The rooms have extra alcohol towelettes in case the guest wants to do wipe on additional surfaces. The elevator is limited to 2 people or one family. The pool area is limited to certain number of people based on access given from the front desk. It feels good to have a place to relax and rest while away from home. Thank you for not overlooking the basics and making us feel at home. I would definitely return to this site.

Date of stay: July 2020