“Wow”

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #45 of 247 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Hunting for vegan food after a 9h flight landing in Charlotte and going west on I85. All of a sudden this pops up on our navigation app. Their regular tomato sauce pizza with daiya cheese was amazing.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

My friend and I ate at the Gastonia location tonight and had a terrible experience. First service took forever, then we did not like the bread and asked for something else. The server said the only other thing they had was either the breadsticks or pita bread, and we would have to order a full order and cost more. We asked for manager and she said he had to “run out” and she said she would have him come over as soon as he got back. About 20 minutes later she came over and said she called manager and that he would be back in 10 minutes. I told her I needed to leave. She asked together or separate checks. My friend said she did not think we should have to pay at all we asked for bread, asked for manager 20 minutes ago and waitress said it is not my fault that the manager is not here. My friend asked “is it my fault? Do I work here?” Asked the server if she was just going to argue with us? Server said my manager is not here, there is nothing I can do. Friend said separate checks. A male server (we are both female and had a child with us) came over with the checks and asked what was wrong. My friend told him. He said no other bread except breadsticks and pita and you would have had to purchase. He also said sorry you had a bad experience. I was soooo done with this place. I gave him my card and check and he waited. My friend said "oh you are going to wait for it" and he said yes. So, very bad service, very bad bread - treated us like thieves. I will never step foot in Brixx in Gastonia again and will make sure everyone who will listen knows how bad service is.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I started a new job in area a month ago. I've been stopping here on way back to Charlotte about 8-10 times now, always at the bar.
I do think the menu could use just 2 non-shrimp seafood options on the pasta, at same quality as their shrimp pastas.
NOW, the bartenders here are what bring me back so frequently. "Captin Kirk" is a dollbaby who pulls off being attentive to everyone and never rushing you.He also is great at engaging you on many subjects. Spencer is also very good and attentive.
After a stressful day at work, I hit this bar to chill, talk with Kirk or Spencer, and have some pretty good food.
I addendumed this review b/c Cptn Kirk told me about the Brixx app which gives you points. Hello: they have little signs on the bar, but I never noticed, LOL!!

this restaurant is right on an I-85 exit, has plenty of parking, and is good for us who commute between Charlotte and Gastonia in either direction.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

The artichoke spinach dip lacked flavor and had huge chunks of artichoke plus was too dry. The crostini served with it was cut too thick and was also dry. The margherita pizza had no flavor whatsoever. Worst pizza ever. Croutons on the salad were stale. Lettuce had brown places and the chunks were too large to eat without cutting. Server never looked at us. Prices were high and service was poor.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Tuesday is $3.50 local drafts. What a great deal and the food was great as well. Our server was very attentive and helpful. Have been there before and will go again.