“Great Food At A Reasonable Cost”
Review of Akropolis Cafe

Akropolis Cafe
Ranked #55 of 255 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 28 December 2016

My family has visited this restaurant several times and each time I get the gyro wrap and it's always delicious and filling. We went two days before Christmas and had no problem getting our food in a timely manner, which is astonishing since there were only two people working.

They share this space with a Mexican restaurant and loud music played, which makes it difficult to talk. The décor is not wonderful, but that can be ignored when the price and taste of the food is great.

Every one enjoyed their meals and there were no complaints, although everyone got different things.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Great little place for quick lunch. Food is fresh cooked, fast service, go you can get in and out quickly, but with out the "fast food" feeling

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We went here for a quick lunch, and I ordered the spanakopita appetizer and a gyro, with baklava for dessert. I loved my meal, the spanakopita were great, the portions were good, not too big but not small. The baklava was fantastic.

My husband ordered the chicken salad which came in a tortilla bowl (!) and he was disappointed with the food, and not happy that the black olives still had their pits in them and we were not warned. That was pretty silly of them as someone may break a tooth or choke on an unexpected olive pit.

If it was just based on my meal I'd recommend them highly, but have to rate them a 3 at best due to my husband's complaints.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

A hole in the wall with the best Greek food around. Food quality is above all others in this area. Wish the restaurant itself was in a different location as it gets quite loud if crowed. But the food makes it worth it! We are regulars!

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Akropolis seems to share a kitchen with the adjacent Mexican restaurant. It's a walk up to the counter place with very cheap prices. The large Greek salad was only $5 and the Super Euro close to $6. They bring the food to your table once you order. It was pretty empty when we went at 11:30 on a weekday. The salad was good but a bit plain. The Super Euro was tasty and very large so good for a big appetite. Total the check was only $13 so quite a steal for two people to dine.

3  Thank Worktraveler31

Been to Akropolis Cafe? Share your experiences!