Candlewood Suites Greenville NC
Courtyard Greenville(Greenville)
Residence Inn Greenville(Greenville)
East Carolina Inn(Greenville)
View Hotel
All reviewslarge fridgein townstayed herecooking utensilswashing dishesfree laundryfront deskhome away from homeweight roomqueen suitefire alarmplace to staymedical districtopen housepleasure of stayingvery clean hoteli highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Candlewood Suites was a great place for my family to stay while we were there for our sons baseball tournament. The employees were friendly and helpful when you ask a question. The hotel was clean and smelt nice. The front area sitting was nice and clean. The rooms were clean and had what we needed. We chose this hotel because of the full size kitchen. We were able to eat breakfast and buy items to have in the refrigerator. The laundry was free which helped with washing the boys uniforms after playing games all day.
A plus they do allow dogs to stay at this hotel whether they are small or big. And we did not have a problem with any of them or their barking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
FOW, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for your gracious review of our hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Greenville.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night while our daughter visited ECU. Very convenient to get there and to/ from highways. Decent room. Spacious and clean. Good value. Only complaints were no breakfast or options within walking. And we asked for (and were given by housekeeping and front desk at check in) a late checkout ( just one hour at 1pm to avoid wandering the streets with our cooler) and were asked 3 times at noon to leave. By front desk, in hall, and by knock on door. We left at 1220 in a hurry.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
FOW, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Obviously someone didn't make a note on your room notes. I apologize.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We had good time out there everyone was nice the stuff and other visitors that my new home away from home every time I visit nice and clean have a weight room in there washing machine a little store a little Lounge in the back will you can use the grill at it's cool spot

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
FOW, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words. I will share this review with our employees. It is very rewarding for them to know they have been successful making our Guest happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have stayed here maybe a dozen times over the past 2 years, and generally it is fine. The hotel isn’t fancy, but it is reasonably new and clean, and the rooms have a mini kitchen. It does the trick when I have points to burn. In the past, I have had problems with fire alarms going off while I sleep (most likely b/c inconsiderate guests decide to cook dinner at 10 pm..) and I don’t like that the gym is in the laundry room (free laundry) so it’s full of lint and humidity.
This stay (Jan 2017) was the worst I have ever had.
I arrive and check in, I am given room 320 (1 queen bed). The key card doesn’t work, I see a green light but the door doesn’t open. No biggy, they give me a different room, 222 (2 double beds). I prefer the bigger bed, but no biggy, it’s just me. I go to the gym, the come back and shower, and around 5:30, 2 young men open my door while I am eating dinner in my underwear. Apparently they were given the same room. They go back to the front desk, who calls me quite surprised that I am in the room (a young lady checked me in, a young man seemed to have been there after 5, and apparently they didn’t communicate well, as he didn’t know that I was in this room).
I’m still not upset. Around 7:45 am, I go down to get a cup of coffee then go back up. At the elevator, there is a crew carrying large gas tanks. I am curious and ask: what is that, and they just say “gas.” I assume it is for the stove and go get my coffee. On the way back to my room, my door doesn’t open (orange light this time). So I go to the front desk, which is manned by a different young woman, and I have to explain the entire thing to her. Initially she thought I was there for 1 night and that is why the card didn’t work, presumably surprised that I am in that room rather than 320. Still it was like 8:00, I’m pretty sure the card should work until Checkout. Turns out, when they gave the new cards to the young men yesterday, it deactivated my card. That’s fine, I get it, I’m STILL not upset. I just hope that they know that I’m there for 2 nights in room 222 now.
I take my new key cards, go back upstairs and have breakfast, I notice that my stove is actually electric, and that the hallway smells pretty badly of gas. I figure, maybe the VIP suites have gas ranges (but I was on the 2nd floor… the VIP suites, if there are any, should be on the top floor) or maybe the heaters use gas.
As I put on my gym cloths and started stretching, I noticed the gas smell in my room, and it was getting hard to breath. I went to the gym, and took the stairs to avoid the elevator, since it seems like gas smell was coming from that direction.
After working out, I go upstairs, and the gas smell is incredible, and it’s really, really hot. I call downstairs and ask if there is a health risk, I wasn’t even asking what was going on. The young lady tells me that someone hadn’t used their heater for a long time, and just turned it on. This is odd, as it was 60 degrees and had been much colder a few nights before. Also, it struck me as odd that they have guests who stay long enough for that to happen. I asked twice if there was a health risk from the gas fumes, and twice she assured me that there wasn’t. I still wasn’t even worried, so it didn’t occur to me that her explanation didn’t make sense, turning on the heat shouldn’t make a gas smell and a really hot hallway.
I opened my windows and showered as quickly as I could, I didn’t even shave b/c I was concerned about breathing that gas. On the way out the door, I stopped for a coffee refill (the first floor was fine), and I started talking to another guest who was fixing his coffee. He said that it was bedbugs, that they use gas heaters to make the room hot and kill them.
While waiting for my Jersey Mikes to be made, I googled it on the my phone, and I saw that he was correct. I saw pictures for the heaters that people use to kill bedbugs, and they were the exact same thing that I saw on the elevator.
Finally, I am upset, it seems more likely than not that the receptionist flat out lied to me about the guy not turning on his heater. If it is bedbugs, you can tell me, and if you are going to lie about that, then are you going to lie to me about the health risks of breathing that gas. In fairness, the people who were cleaning the room were breathing it, so maybe she was right about that. But still.
I am going to make a note of the room number where they were working on the bedbugs, and I won’t take that room anymore. I’m now concerned about bedbugs being in the hallways, elevator, gym, laundry where they do the sheets, etc.
In fairness, in every point of contact, everyone was nice and professional, but I don’t appreciate being lied to.

Room Tip: They all seem about the same, I've stayed several times
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank fsu23phd
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear fsu23phd,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm extremely sorry that you did not experience an outstanding hotel experience, due to the incidents during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for that. I have taken note of your comments regarding your interaction with some of our staff. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the appropriate management team for review.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 April 2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at The Candlewood Suites from September 2016-April 2017. Our stay was very pleasant. The staff at the property always had a warm smile and a welcoming hello anytime we passed the lobby. Housekeeping was amazing. Every time our room was cleaned it was like we checked out and checked back in. They cleaned from top to bottom. The dishwasher in our unit was heaven sent as washing dishes has to one of my least favorite things to do. The kitchen itself was so very helpful.my husband travels for work 11 months out of the year, a lot of times we have to settle for only a small refrigerator and microwave. The Candlewood kitchens are equipped with a large fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster, all cooking utensils u will need, they also supply you with dishwashing liquid for the sink as well as the dishwasher. Another great feature of the hotel is the free laundry. U simply take your laundry downstairs and load and wash. No quarters needed. Just bring soap. If you happen to forget they do have a small "panrty" that has food, beverages, and necessities like laundry soap, toothpaste, and razors. We enjoyed the town of Greenville so much that while in town we looked at a few properties hoping to make Greenville our home. I highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If u are sensitive to noise request the 4th floor to avoid having people over top of ur room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
FOW, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for your very grateful review of your recent stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. A review like this is a great moral builder for our team. Thank you again for choosing Candlewood Suites for your "home away from home" while in Greenville NC.