“Never a dissapointment”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hiawassee Street
Description: Fine dining in Historic Hayesville, NC. We feature the finest steaks, fresh seafood and signature dishes to please the discerning palate at prices that won’t break your budget. Come enjoy the intimate atmosphere. Our attentive staff will anticipate your needs and insure that your dining experience is exceptional. We are one block west of the old Clay County Courthouse, next door to Square One Interiors by Design. We are two hours west of Asheville, two hours north of Atlanta and two hours east of Chattanooga. We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Have reviewed this establishment a few years ago and have dined here numerous times over the years. I've lived here over twenty years and I continue to tell people that if they want an excellent dining experience this is really the only choice. I have NEVER been dissapointed.

Ada B, Manager at The Copper Door, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

I'm so glad to hear that you have had consistently great experiences! Thanks for your patronage and kind words.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The service was so much better than we even expected and the food was excellent. I ordered the crawfish and it was absolutely the best I have ever had anywhere. The prices were very reasonable for a fine dining experience. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much for your kind words! We hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I visited for dinner and had a lovely time. The staff were accommodating and provided top notch service. The food was plated nicely and the prices were around what you would expect for a fine dining establishment. However, the best deal of the menu is the oyster shooter for $1. It was superb. Everything I ate was delicious but I do wish wish that the description on the menu didn't also include the garnish. I found myself scrapping the siracha sauce from the plate into the pasta bowl to make it spicy like it was described on the menu. In any case, this is the best restaurant around and probably the best in the region. Make sure to make a booking in advance for a table or if you have a small party, you can sit at the bar area for a full menu service as first come, first serve.

We're so glad you came and enjoyed your dinner. Thank you for your feedback on the shrimp pasta dish - we'll look at making that more clear!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

First, the positives......friendly staff, great server, spot on martini

Next, the negative.......crab cake appetizer.....crab was not fresh.....kudos to the house for comping it

Finally, steaks were good, as were the carrots, skillet potatoes were fine with a little butter added

And, nice dining room

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry your crab cake was not good; thank you for letting us know so we could take care of it at the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Dined here last night (08/04/2017) with my wife and another couple. The culinary choices were prepared perfectly in all aspects. The atmosphere was quiet and comfortable. Our wait-staff was most attentive to all our needs, dressed in neat uniforms with ties! Ladies as well. Our drinking glasses were continually re-filled. Amy, a dark-haired pretty gal with a voice as soft and smooth as silk, was our main waitress. Perfection! Make your reservations early as this fine restaurant fills quickly.