Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$94
View deal
PricelineUS$94
AscendUS$94
Hotels.comUS$94
eDreamsUS$94
Orbitz.comUS$94
HurbUS$110
All reviews old orchard the indoor pool area family stay continental breakfast king suite waffle house tubs poolside walmart nc
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021

No AC in lobby, no handicapped accessible bathroom, would not let me in the room slightly early, had to sit in hot lobby, no elevator, no AC on in room—July, 88 degrees!!
Indoor pool off lobby.
Fell over coffee table in dark room!!

Not guest friendly, not handicapped friendly, & poor management!

Room tip: Read carefully what is available or not—like elevator. Ensure that room temperature is comfortable, and that lights are turned on.
1  Thank Experience646816
Reviewed 24 July 2021

After reading all the bad reviews I came prepared. I brought cleaning supply's just in case. The resort is old and in bad need of renovations. But this trip was for the kids and the pool was great. They are understaffed so they don;t service your rooms. You have to request clean towels that they are happy to supply. The beds are very uncomfortable but after hours in that pool you can sleep on anything.Unlike some reviews our room was clean to start just run down.. On my last of 4 days I did see roaches. The air conditioners in the halls did not work but leaving the pool you won't mind. Most of the staff is very friendly surprisingly because they all seem over worked. .

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

First impression on entering the lobby is “hot”. The lobby was hot and humid which I thought was from the pool. But no. The whole hotel is unbearably hot. The rooms have inside doors but also have windows facing the hallway kinda like a motel would have. The hallways is like a blast furnace. Had to be 90-100 degrees with heat blowing from somewhere. When we went into our room which was in the hottest part of the hallway, the air conditioner unit, which is the old motel type under the window, had not been turned prior to our arrival so the room was stifling. We turned it on and set it at 65 then left for a while. When we returned it was somewhat cooler but because of the heat in the hall, it ran constantly all night to try to maintain some cool air. To top it off, the bed was like a brick. At one point, I laid 4 pillows down my side to try to sleep on top of for some comfort but that only made it hot. I moved to the couch which had softer cushions but there was no extra sheet or blanket so back to the brick bed I went. Got maybe an hour of fitful sleep. There was supposed to be breakfast included but all they had was prepackaged muffins and coffee so we skipped that and went to the diner next door. I would never recommend this hotel. There was a Hampton Inn next door. I wish I had known. I only booked here because of a kids birthday being held here and thought “mountain resort”, must be nice. Oh silly me!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 97dianem
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

Weakest a/c in the world. 100° in glassed-in hallway, no weather-stripping on bottom of door, all that heat & humidity rolling into room. Terrible, old motel. Request to change rooms denied. Will never stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2021 via mobile

There was no a/c & staff offered no explanation or apology. No attempts to fix it were observed & employees said it never works. They did not have any fans to lend so we went to Walmart and bought one that cost $60 (selection limited from hotel guests?) When we booked, it said breakfast included. However, their cafe is closed permanently & no discount offered. No elevator so difficult to get up luggage especially with sauna like atmosphere. Quite a shame because hotel could be charming & fun if a/c was working. Bed & linens comfortable & tavern at night very nice with great food.

Room tip: Have back up place to stay (wish we had)
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple