“Fresh seafood”

Cuisines: American
Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The scallops & whole clams here are very good. I go with friends who are originally from Maine & they say the seafood is the real deal.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I had passed by Great American Dog's storefront countless times. My husband loves the dogs, but I can take a hot dog or leave it. After reading reviews here, we decided to give them a try when another lunch spot was closed. Our hot dog lunch was a great treat and very easy on the budget. The dogs with natural casing come from Massachusetts yielding that nice bite. My husband had his loaded with kraut which was wonderfully sour and crisp. I prefer my dog with a swipe of spicy brown mustard. Fresh cut fries were excellent. Atmosphere is All-American kitchy complete with red vinyl seats. Great American offers RC cola products -- not my favorite and I may try the iced tea next time. We WILL return to try several of the seafood offerings. They all look fabulous especially the clams and the lobster roll. This is a New Englanders' seafood paradise. Clean. Very friendly. Recommended!

2  Thank Levannah
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We learned about this place only recently and made a beeline straight for it when we read they had fried whole-belly clams on the menu. You see, 3 of the 4 of us who went are New Englanders. Although we all live in the Hendersonville area now, we have deep roots to New England. The non-New Englander ordered the lobster roll; the rest of us went right for the clam basket. Three of us also ordered a cup of the clam chowder. This place is the real deal. We felt like we were on Cape Cod! The clams were lightly breaded and lightly fried, tender and plump. The clam chowda was broth-y, with just a touch of cream. The lobsta roll was meaty and made with mayo (not with butter, like the things they call "lobster rolls" in Connecticut). We can't wait to go back to The Great American Dog. We even know what we will order next time!

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Had a very delicious grilled chicken sandwich n tasty (very hot)clam chowder. The fries were good, wish there were more. Great, quick service.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Fun place for a quick Hot Dog and much more. Seafood is a special surprise treat here. Owner from New England has several dishes from the sea. Good dogs with numerous local favorite toppings. Unique soft drinks offerings.

1  Thank Tim S