“Passing by.”

Cuisines: American
Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My wife and I were passing the other day so we called in for some food. The basic hot dog was ok, the bun was warm and tasted ok. However, the $3.50 for a portion of fries was the smallest I have ever seen and the fires were dark brown, nearly black and way overcooked and dried out. Not sure if the par fry them first but they were real bad.

I didn't complain as my wife does not like a commotion but we will not be going back there!

1  Thank Fred B

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Wide variety of food, not only hot dogs but Seafood. I understand that the owner, Tom Cote, is from Maine, and is sharing his love of seafood with others. Numerous other reviews have praised the seafood.

On this occasion the four of us had hot dogs. In addition we had french fries, fried zucchini and onion rings. The hot dogs have a light casing. One of the reviews noted that these are Massachusetts hot dogs. Everything was excellent.

Tom Cote, the owner, stopped at our table to see if we were enjoying ourselves. He wanted to make sure everything was right. He explained that he has been at this location for 10 years and is doing well.

We commented on the support to US military and especially the miniature military figurines that you may take at your pleasure as a reminder to pray for the men and women of our military.

We will be back to support the Great American Hot Dog.

1  Thank tl4804
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Really good fried shrimp. Crispy batter, not greasy. Best french fríes in town. I just wish they had some healthier sides, everything is fried.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The scallops & whole clams here are very good. I go with friends who are originally from Maine & they say the seafood is the real deal.

1  Thank Hildagunta
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I had passed by Great American Dog's storefront countless times. My husband loves the dogs, but I can take a hot dog or leave it. After reading reviews here, we decided to give them a try when another lunch spot was closed. Our hot dog lunch was a great treat and very easy on the budget. The dogs with natural casing come from Massachusetts yielding that nice bite. My husband had his loaded with kraut which was wonderfully sour and crisp. I prefer my dog with a swipe of spicy brown mustard. Fresh cut fries were excellent. Atmosphere is All-American kitchy complete with red vinyl seats. Great American offers RC cola products -- not my favorite and I may try the iced tea next time. We WILL return to try several of the seafood offerings. They all look fabulous especially the clams and the lobster roll. This is a New Englanders' seafood paradise. Clean. Very friendly. Recommended!

2  Thank Levannah