“Not your average mexican food”
Review of Sol y Luna

Sol y Luna
Ranked #19 of 211 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is always consistently good. They have some really wonderful flavor combinations with lots of variety. Fresh and healthy options.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I don't even know how to begin this review. I have been to Sol y Luna quite a few times and really do enjoy the food. Last night my husband and I and sat downstairs in the open area. After finishing our meal (which was good and plentiful), two ladies came down with their two dogs. They were seated next to us and proceeded to put the dogs on their laps and the dogs paws were on the table. Totally unacceptable!!! Makes me wonder if the table we were sitting at had dogs on the table prior to our visit and was it cleaned properly. Needless to say, this was the last visit to Sol y Luna. They have an upstairs, outside area where people eat with their dogs and I choose not to sit out there because of the dog issue. Didn't realize they let dogs downstairs too. I am definitely not a dog hater, but this is really getting out of hand. I am allergic to dogs, was severely bitten by a dog and prefer not to eat with dogs. I did mention it to a server and she said dogs were allowed down there - oh well. I guess paying customers don't matter as long as the dogs are happy.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We decided to dazzle several visitors by dining at this establishment. The enjoyed the variety of foods and sauces as well as the excellent service.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I went to sol y Luna in Laurel park today and he offered me a margarita which was on special Mondays. They came and greeted me quickly and they gave me nachos with in house bean sauce. I ordered the nacho supreme which was spectacular. I felt at home. Thank you, Donis for your hospitality. Cuidase!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent! Nice atmosphere, several dining rooms with outside sitting. We were four friends and we all ordered something different. We all were very happy with our meal. I had beef fajitas which were delicious and a portion large enough to take home. Family friendly. Can’t wait to go back.

Date of visit: May 2018