“Good food at a good price”

Sakura Japanese Cuisine & Vietnamese Pho
Ranked #84 of 205 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We had a nice lunch here. The service was great and the food was plentiful and delicious, and the price was really reasonable.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped with a friend at an off hour (4 pm) after an art show. Service was great and food amazing. I ordered the chicken and broccoli teriyaki and friend ordered shrimp roll. Both were great. Enjoyed it enough that I stopped back for veggie medley takeout the next week. Plenty for two meals in one order at Super reasonable prices. For me a hidden gem tucked into a shopping strip. Now a favorite!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I went back to Sakura today with two friends for an early dinner. Not nearly as good an experience as I remember... seemed like new ownership or something very different in the kitchen and in service. The service problem was that one person in our party received everything she ordered (sushi entree, appetizers) all at once, while the rest of us waited. And waited. I finally asked if our food would be coming out as well, and the server said over her shoulder, yeah, in just a minute. About 15 minutes later it appeared, as our friend was packing her leftovers to take home. It was supposed to be a special dinner a friend was inviting us to - he was upset with the service and the food and apologized for taking us there. The server didn't check back with me, didn't inquire about how the food was, etc. I watched two neighboring tables exchange checks when the wrong ones were brought to their table. Also, about six groups that arrived after us were served before our entrees finally arrived.

The food itself was much less well-prepared than I remembered. I had a simple teriyaki steak and broccoli. Everything including the meat was overcooked. Appetizer (edamame) was bland and unsalted, not used to that. It was a place I enjoyed when it first opened, but couldn't recommend it now. Hendersonville has a number of more authentic Asian restaurants.

(One plus: the prices aren't bad at all. But the quality now is on par with that.)

Reviewed 9 April 2017

It is always nice to have a meal cooked in a Vietnamese style. I could be wrong, but it seems a healthier way to go and Sakura was a lucky find. For lunch or dinner, this would be a wonderful place for a wide variety of dishes and sushi if that's your thing.
I look forward to going back.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Unremarkable food. Greeted by a very nice guy in a plaid shirt. ( Lumber jack?). Waiter seemed to forget about us after we told him we needed a few minutes to decide. Food came quickly, but lacked much Asian flavor. Seaweed salad very nice. Tempura crispy. California rolls OK. Beef with mushrooms...Tasted American. Not bad food, just not what we were after. No atmosphere...Why TVs? Won't go back, but prices were reasonable.

1  Thank BookingItBabe