“Good Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I went with some friends because we have heard that it is really good. We had sushi, Miso soup, Tropical Ocean Nest,gyoza, Basil Steak, steak teriyaki, and bento box D. Everyone enjoyed their food but it wasn't a place we would drive to Hendersonville just to eat. Due to all the raves we heard about the place we surely came away thinking we missed something. The staff are exceptionally good and our experience was good also. We weren't rushed. It is real nice inside. Cramped parking but everyone walks up and down downtown Hendersonville anyway. We will try it again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I wasn't expecting to find a Japanese restaurant in this cute little town but this is a good one! Very attractive restaurant with an extensive menu, you will surely find something you like here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The food here is good. Not great, just good. I've heard good things about the sushi, but I quit eating uncooked food long ago. The service, however, is atrocious and I would never go back. It's a mystery to me how restaurants in this area with terrible service keep getting good reviews. I'm not that demanding, but think that getting a water refill or asked if I would like another glass of wine is basic to a $100+ dining experience. Any server who cannot accomplish that on an ordinary week night should not be working in the service sector.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner here - it was VERY busy, but the food was top notch. We each had Bento boxes with great variety of dishes - all excellent!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined at Umi on Christmas Eve and had a wonderful experience. We had to sushi rolls, chicken Pad Thai, and sea weed salad. All were very good. The sushi was very tasty and Pad Thai was spicy but not overly so. We would definitely recommend.