“Don't waste your time or money”

Days Inn Hendersonville
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Being used to hood accommodations at Days Inns, we stopped at this property after eight hours on the road. Almost walked out after being told my wife, our puppy and I would be in for $115 for a regular room (that included $20 for a pet fee instead of the usual $10). After the key didn't work, we were given another room. Room was what I would describe as low average: wrinkled sheets, too few towels, badly scratched door frames. You get the picture. Breakfast was a trip: soggy frozen waffles, no butter (We ran out, the nonchalant desk clerk said) no coffee creamer and barely enough milk to substitute. We've had much better for much, much less.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Check-in was quick and efficient. Staff was courteous and helpful. We were sleeping and around midnight, someone knocked on our door. A knock that had a "pattern" to it. Some guy in a dark hoodie with something very large coming from his pocket, was asking about someone that..."gave him a glass of ice water last night..." Very sketchy. I was thinking..."That's the best excuse you could come up with?!" I pretty sure he was looking for a drug deal. There were "sketchy" looking guys set up in a room two doors down from us, the night before. It made it very hard to go back to sleep. I felt like I needed to be armed in this neighborhood. From now on, I will only stay at hotels that have the door in an inside hall.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I am not a picky motel resident. I ask for a clean, quiet, bug free environment, that's it.
If you've read my other reviews you'll see that I have given decent ratings to much lesser quality places. But this stay was too much!

From the outside this Days Inn had recently been painted, and the grounds looked well kept. The office had a sign asking us to excuse their mess while being renovated, so there is that.

We had reserved the room through travelocity, and mentioned on the reservation that we would be arriving with our pet. Upon check in, we were assigned a room, and I was shown a quote to given a price. I did not see a pet charge, so I reminded them that we had our pet with us ( we cannot hide a 100LB dog). The receptionist immediately pulled the paper back and said tht she would reassign us to a pet room. Which I thought was odd but didn't question.

The room was clean at firs sight, however, as we settled in it becaime clear that not all was as it seemed. Our socks were turned black by the filthy carpeting, my wife found a used fork, a used bottle or soda shoved under the bed, and 89 cents on the dresser left by the previous occupant. The counters and dressers were smeared with a greasy substance, similar to chicken grease, or pizza grease. The room smelled of funk, and the bathroom door would not close because it was frayed from years of damage where people put their pets in the bathroom while they were away and they tried to get out.
WE tried several other motels in the area to see if they had rooms to move to, but they were all booked, so we stayed. As we waled the grounds to let the dog do it's business, I noticed that there were several used, rusting refrigerators and other construction debris piled behind the dumpsters. The hillside was littered with months of trash, and the dumpster lid was not secured, so trash was blowing out.
Back to the room... The bed was hard as a rock, the TV remote was broken, and the bathroom fan didn't turn off and made a weird humming noise. The towels could best be described as 30 grit sand paper, as well as the sheets.

The "hot" breakfast consisted of toast and waffles... everything else was your standard cold fare.

Needless to say, we will not be returning.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017

The hotel was dirty. The bathroom shower was clogged so I ended up showering with water to my ankles. The staff was even worse. The older Indian lady at the front desk was very rude. Hands down the worse customer service or lack there of, I have ever received.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family